• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

In anticipation of the series "finale" I've begun an Expanse rewatch starting at S1E1. I found a lot of similarities to rewatching GoT in that for both shows, initially I spent most of my time wondering "wait, who is that and where are they" with the added parameter of "what's up with that spaceship?" and now on the rewatch I get all that and can catch the more subtle things like foreshadowing (there's a lot, both minor and major).

I put finale in quotes because there's just no way this is the end. I'm convinced it's posturing by the creators to have leverage for negotiating additional seasons to film the last 3 books. Or perhaps all involved parties already know there's more to come and are just waiting for the right moment to announce. They've spent a good amount of time setting up the major plot lines for the last 3 books.

My only complaint for this season is Amazon dictating there would be 6 episodes, max. They seem to be where they need to be for the finale but it was done with a quickness and I would have liked to have seen some breathing room along the way. I'm very optimistic the finale will deliver; we shall see (soon but not soon enough).

The CW shows start back this week.

The Naomi premiere was solid. Very different teen superhero take. Instead of an awkward nerd, she’s a popular nerd in the way cool girls can be nerdy nowadays.

Superman & Lois Season 2 had a solid start. More family drama with some possible villain development.

Batwoman and Legends continue tonight.

Interesting. I didn't have Naomi on my radar but after reading about it I'll give it a watch. I've never even heard of her and I see her first comic was published in March 2019. That's got to be the fastest from print to screen yet, at least for the main character.

Yeah. My impression was Ana DuVernay wanted to use the character so she got to do a show with the character. Without going into any details, it's already a major departure from the comic.

I finished MODOK today. It was pretty meh. There were a couple of laugh out loud moments but overall, I don't feel like I would have missed out on anything if I never watched it.

That's pretty much my sentiment as well. Patton Oswald is certainly clever, but rarely did I get above a chortle, or "hehe". It just kind of filled the lunchtime gap as a lighthearted, 20 - 30 min watch.

In anticipation of the series "finale" I've begun an Expanse rewatch starting at S1E1. I found a lot of similarities to rewatching GoT in that for both shows, initially I spent most of my time wondering "wait, who is that and where are they" with the added parameter of "what's up with that spaceship?" and now on the rewatch I get all that and can catch the more subtle things like foreshadowing (there's a lot, both minor and major).

I put finale in quotes because there's just no way this is the end. I'm convinced it's posturing by the creators to have leverage for negotiating additional seasons to film the last 3 books. Or perhaps all involved parties already know there's more to come and are just waiting for the right moment to announce. They've spent a good amount of time setting up the major plot lines for the last 3 books.

My only complaint for this season is Amazon dictating there would be 6 episodes, max. They seem to be where they need to be for the finale but it was done with a quickness and I would have liked to have seen some breathing room along the way. I'm very optimistic the finale will deliver; we shall see (soon but not soon enough).

Agreed. It make 0 sense to introduce what they have (especially the character they just had casually stroll in 2 episodes ago O.O) and end it in one more episode. Maybe there are some financial/contract complications, but essentially skipping out on the final 3 books would be tragic, considering at least 2 of the 3 are my favorite of the series.

One of the authors, Ty Frank, is VERY involved with the show. So I have faith he won't let them butcher this if there is anything he can do about it. There is also a fun podcast hosted by Ty Frank and Wes Chatham (Amos) that they started before last season you can check out:

It gives some real insight into both the show and books. This one is just kind of an overview, but they have been doing episode breakdowns since the beginning of last season. Wes Chatham seems like really good dude...unlike the guy who plays Alex who apparently has been involved with some serious sexual assault allegations. The actor who plays Holden is about as milquetoast as you would imagine, but Thomas Jane (Miller) is the man. Naomi is delightful.

Last edited:
I give an A+ to the Expanse finale. Looking at the thumbnail for the video D-Wolve shared reminds me that there were a LOT of Alien (and many other Sci Fi heroes/heroines) Easter eggs in this episode.

This is a spoiler of the sci-fi Easter Eggs in the Expanse finale. It exposes nothing about the plot but don't open if you want to discover it yourself, it's just posted as a reference so you can drink it all in.

FJBsiLGaQAANduj

when all the heroes are super boring there's no reason to watch them assemble

Or when they decide to focus on the most boring of the bunch. I could have watched a lot more Phastos, Druig, Gilgamesh, Makarri and even Sprite with a lot less Ikaris, Sersi, Ajak and Kingo.

It should have been a show but that didn’t work with the timing, director, or cast they managed to get. Oh well.

I loved the peacemaker premiere. James Gun said a marvel character that is introduced to the MCU is his favorite introduction. I know nothing about the source. If that character was introduced in the premiere... amazing.

I just finished Peacemaker e1 and could not be more pleased. Cena is great. Not good, not good for a wrestler, straight up great. One of my favorite soundtracks in a long time.

I didn't know anything about source either but I just Googled and it goes waaaay back. He's been in comics I've read but I don't remember the character at all. I'll remember this version.

CBM: DC Week - CW shows return (Naomi premiere); Peacemaker premiere on HBO Max

I thought Peacemaker was fantastic. It has all the good storytelling aspects of the last Suicide Squad film without the annoying directorial and editing flourishes. It feels like if the Coen Brothers directed Deadpool

Last edited:
Or when they decide to focus on the most boring of the bunch. I could have watched a lot more Phastos, Druig, Gilgamesh, Makarri and even Sprite with a lot less Ikaris, Sersi, Ajak and Kingo.

Still funny that Kumail spent 2 years saying he needed to get super jacked for his super hero movie and he winds up being a a side character whose physique isn’t even important.

That’s probably the worst part. Marvel wasted a lot of really good actors in these roles for an underwhelming film. Gemma Chan for the second time.

Back