• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

I offer my apologies to anyone that has never seen any of Joss Whedon's work before.

ETA I also put a spoiler tag around my original post so you should either delete what you quoted or put the tag around it, lest you be guilty of spoiling as well.

haha...fair enough.

i just started on Daredevil last night and got through the first two episodes. Quality. Way to go Marvel and Netflix.

If ABC has sense they will run 1 10-12 episode season of AoS in the fall (or spring leading into out of next year's movies) another 8 episodes mid season of Agent Carter wit 10-12 episodes of the spin off. Mockingbird: Agent of Sheild.

I don't think they can sustain 40 plus episodes of AoS and spin off without a drop in quality. HBO showed long ago (and everything from pay to basic cable and now daredevil) that that episode ranges makes for very good, tight story arcs and great shows. forcing 22 plus episodes is an out dated model when there was far fewer entertainment options.

so you're saying that the only way to tell great stories is to arbitrarily break up arcs? i get it but also it doesn't make sense to me. im not sure human brains have to wait for 6-12 months for the next chapter of their story.

so you're saying that the only way to tell great stories is to arbitrarily break up arcs? i get it but also it doesn't make sense to me. im not sure human brains have to wait for 6-12 months for the next chapter of their story.

No. Just think it is easier to fill 12 episodes with great stuff than to arbitrarely stretch the story extra episodes. Plus I can see viewers getting fatigued With that much content.

AoS has had it's share of ups and downs. I think shorter seasons/story arcs would help.

Last edited:
If ABC has sense they will run 1 10-12 episode season of AoS in the fall (or spring leading into out of next year's movies) another 8 episodes mid season of Agent Carter wit 10-12 episodes of the spin off. Mockingbird: Agent of Sheild.

I don't think they can sustain 40 plus episodes of AoS and spin off without a drop in quality. HBO showed long ago (and everything from pay to basic cable and now daredevil) that that episode ranges makes for very good, tight story arcs and great shows. forcing 22 plus episodes is an out dated model when there was far fewer entertainment options.

That's essentially what they did this year just not with a spinoff. One 10 episode arc of AOS. 8 eps of Agent Carter. 12 episode arc of AOS that is vastly different than the first. AOS just needs new leadership. Whedon's bro and sis-in-law just aren't as good as the teams that did Agent Carter and Daredevil.

fair enough. i just fear adding another 22 episodes as a spin off is too much.

a very large part of that is the media fatigue i am already feeling from age of ultron over-load and now starting to see a build up a year out for supes v bats.

also agent carter and daredevil both benefited from tight storytelling of 8 and 13 episodes. agents of shield suffered greatly last year from doing too much. it improved when they focused on their end game final episodes. it was better this year overall with separate story arcs (though they still could have benefited from being less busy at times).

Last edited:
I definitely agree a spin-off should no more than 12 episodes.

Shorts featuring each character from the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy animated series. My 5 year old told me he would be brave if I let him see the GOTG movie. I begged me to tell him about cool parts from the movie. I told him there would be a cartoon he could watch coming out soon.

That's essentially what they did this year just not with a spinoff. One 10 episode arc of AOS. 8 eps of Agent Carter. 12 episode arc of AOS that is vastly different than the first. AOS just needs new leadership. Whedon's bro and sis-in-law just aren't as good as the teams that did Agent Carter and Daredevil.

I think some of it is cursed by network television. The big networks have to play by rules that Netflix or even the CW don't have to.

But I do agree shorter story arcs benefits the product.

I agree with that. But even Agent Carter didn't follow the "rules." Perhaps AOS will learn from the success of Agent Carter and Daredevil and have a stronger Season 3, not that this season has been bad at all.

Jared Leto's Mr. J
CDZbuEiUUAAtGQb.jpg

The Avengers is on FX tonight at 8 and 11.

I'm not going to bother reading this thread because I'm only about 4-5 episodes in, but I am enjoying the series so far. Dark, violent, great fight scenes, and Pvt. Pyle kicks ass. My only complaint is with his pigfaced lawyer buddy who they throw in for comic relief. Less him and more Rosario Dawson please. She's still fucking smoking hot.

Foggy, in the second half, has some great development. The Nelson vs Murdock episode is great.

Watching First Avenger on FX. Man, Netflix needs to pick up Agent Carter or something. Anything to get more Haley Atwell on my screen.

Back