• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

The five likely finalists to play Peter Parker.
'Spider-Man' Shortlist Includes 'Paper Towns' Star Nat Wolff, 'Hugo's' Asa Butterfield (Exclusive) - TheWrap

spider-man-shortlist.jpg

I still don't get throwing kids fresh out of Junior High in with Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man.

Seems like a bad fit, and a decision to further solo Spidey movies as opposed to Avengers. But, they know what they're doing.

I still don't get throwing kids fresh out of Junior High in with Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man.

Seems like a bad fit, and a decision to further solo Spidey movies as opposed to Avengers. But, they know what they're doing.

During the last 50 years Marvel comics has been doing exactly that (teaming him up with adults, whether in FF, X-Men, Avengers, Alpha Flight, etc etc). This is hardly new.

Last edited:
YELLOW FONT ON WHITE BURNING. EYES.

That is awful.

I am excited for this with my daughter. She'll be 6 in September And we've been enjoying star wars cartoons together. Big hero 6. inspector gadget. "Why do you like Penny?" "Because she always saves the day But inspector gadget gets the credit. She's awesome."

Hahaha. Like I'm glad you included that Alpha Flight reference, really drove the post home. Deachead never afraid of dropping some comic nerd knowledge.

That is awful.

I am excited for this with my daughter. She'll be 6 in September And we've been enjoying star wars cartoons together. Big hero 6. inspector gadget. "Why do you like Penny?" "Because she always saves the day But inspector gadget gets the credit. She's awesome."

Penny is the original Peggy Olson

Dammit I think I'm going to have to make a clean break from Twitter, Facebook plus any and all comment sections.

I just had an AoU death spoiled reading comments about something completely different.

Last edited:
Ouch. I think I caught a random hint as well. Not happy with the staggered release dates Around the world. Major markets should all go together in the new social media World order.

This post in itself is kinda spoiler-ish.

So is quoting it. :)

Let's just not post any AOU spoilers until next Saturday night. We can revive the Avengers thread to talk about the movie starring Thursday.

This post in itself is kinda spoiler-ish.

I offer my apologies to anyone that has never seen any of Joss Whedon's work before.

ETA I also put a spoiler tag around my original post so you should either delete what you quoted or put the tag around it, lest you be guilty of spoiling as well.

Last edited:
During the last 50 years Marvel comics has been doing exactly that (teaming him up with adults, whether in FF, X-Men, Avengers, Alpha Flight, etc etc). This is hardly new.

Right, but comics seem different than live-action movies.

Oh well, it will be fun.

Either is fine. I think we've done two days in the past.

I changed the thread title to full spoilers for Daredevil earlier today.

Here is an interview with Charlie Cox about the Season 2 schedule.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=44112

“I have to be careful because we just got commissioned so I have no idea who is going to turn up,” prefaced the Londoner, revealing, unsurprisingly, that he expects a new villain - or villains - to step into the Hell’s Kitchen underworld. “Based on the show we’ve created, which is very grounded in reality, I’d like to see Punisher maybe show up, a little bit of Elektra maybe. I wouldn’t mind Black Widow making an appearance, and you can’t think about Daredevil for too long without thinking of Bullseye. I don’t know when or if or how that would happen, but it’d be cool if it did."
It’s a heck of a rogues’ gallery to work with and a reminder of how nicely poised Netflix’s first foray onto superhero turf is. Season two has now shifted ahead of Defenders on Netflix’s giant studio call sheet. “We’ll begin shooting in the second half of the year,” Cox revealed. “It’ll be the same timeline as the last show, so season two will come out about this time next year. Again, I’m imagining all this, but they’ll probably do Iron Fist or Luke Cage at the same time, followed by the other one [of the two] in the first half of 2016 and then maybe Defenders in the second half of 2016 or the beginning of 2017.”

I'm starting to think Season 2 was already planned before The Defenders and they just waited until it debuted to announce it. The big question now is if Luke Cage will drop before or after Season 2 of Daredevil.

I changed the thread title to full spoilers for Daredevil earlier today.

Here is an interview with Charlie Cox about the Season 2 schedule.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=44112

I'm starting to think Season 2 was already planned before The Defenders and they just waited until it debuted to announce it. The big question now is if Luke Cage will drop before or after Season 2 of Daredevil.

Probably right. Netflix has their own business model. I suspect the show was all the hoped it could be and told them to start production or at least writing.

My guess is cage comes out prior to season two. You can start adding hints or brief meet ups of some characters for defenders here and there. Not full on teams just Fisk complaining about "not another one." Or Murdock representing one of the other's in a case in one episode or something. Jessica Jones needs a lawyer and with her detective instincts realizes he is more than a blind guy.

It makes sense that they'll film Luke Cage soon after Jessica Jones and given the similarity of locations, film Daredevil Season 2 at the same time as Luke Cage.

Back