• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

AOS was interesting tonight. Not a great episode, but it's building toward something. Very interesting that it looks like they're headed to find Strucker in next week's ep and every reliable rumor suggests that Age of Ultron starts with the Avengers going after Strucker in Eastern Europe.

Curious to see how they set up AOU, build off AOU, and set up a Mockingbird spinoff all within four episodes.

I really like where The Flash is going. They didn't waste much time going straight after the Wells reveal this half of the season. Cisco has been appropriately teased to become Vibe. I do have to ask where Grodd is. Seems like they've got too much going on to do a Grodd story justice.

I really like where The Flash is going. They didn't waste much time going straight after the Wells reveal this half of the season. Cisco has been appropriately teased to become Vibe. I do have to ask where Grodd is. Seems like they've got too much going on to do a Grodd story justice.

I've found Flash's second half boring. I think you were right when you said that AOS did it right by essentially having two story arcs in one season, split up by the mid-season finale. The Flash has started to really drag to me. There is about ten minutes of interesting material per episode with regards to Wells. The meta of the week has gotten really old. Hopefully next season there will be a lot less of that.

I've found Flash's second half boring. I think you were right when you said that AOS did it right by essentially having two story arcs in one season, split up by the mid-season finale. The Flash has started to really drag to me. There is about ten minutes of interesting material per episode with regards to Wells. The meta of the week has gotten really old. Hopefully next season there will be a lot less of that.

Agreed. I love what The Flash has done this season, but the procedural elements have often felt like missteps.

[phvindication]still, it's way better than whatever the shit arrow is trying to accomplish this season [/phvindication]

I continue to hate watch Gotham and the hatred just grows stronger. This week, we actually saw the old tried and true "build up tension with danger lurking that culminates... with a CAT!!!" I think the show is written by a bot that searches tvtropes.com and the Batman wikia page for scripts.

In the current Avengers animated storyline, they fought Ultron in the last episode and that ended with an ideological schism within the team. That AoU is going to set up Civil War isn't exactly a hot take but they're hitting over the head with it now. They actually set up Ultron in the prior episode by using him to defeat a fully gauntlet powered Thanos, which caused a real WTF? moment for me.

The DC people have to be looking at Daredevil wondering why their corporate overloads aren't doing Year One instead of pre-Batman on TV and old Batman in the movies.

Disney.

898d36f7a4c81785ef8ad3de5c4a2f82.jpg

Damn. I didn't realize The Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast were coming out so soon. Didn't know about Pete's Dragon either. Hadn't even heard of Bridge of Spies and The Finest Hours. Pixar has 4 movies coming out in 3 years.

Inside Out looks like a real tearjerker.

I spend an obscene amount of time and money on Disney between going to Disney World, talking about and watching Marvel TV and movies, watching Pixar and Disney Animation movies, and watching ESPN. It probably isn't a stretch to say high week is about 20-30 hours. That may be lowballing it.

Including DreamWorks releases seems like a bit of a cheat, but other than that, I AM IN.

Like, they're doing The BFG? I never knew I wanted that until just now.

I was disappointed to see what "The BFG" was about. Was hoping it may have been Doom (the video game) related.

just skip all the bullshit movies and go directly to Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Money Shot

If your Spider-Sense wasn’t already tingling after Marvel and Sony’s reported shortlist for the live-action Spider-Man reboot, then this news will make it go haywire. At CinemaCon, Sony chairman Tom Rothman announced that The LEGO Movie directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller will be writing, producing, and developing an animated Spider-Man feature film. The movie, which will exist outside the live-action Marvel Cinematic Universe, is set to release on July 20, 2018.

http://nerdist.com/phil-lord-chris-miller-to-make-animated-spider-man-movie/

Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix (Episodes 1-10 Spoilers)

Holy...

If Marvel starts a feature film animated PG universe, they will take even more of my monies than they have already.

That duo is also leading DC's The Flash movie.

Last edited:
First Ant-Man clip:

Some cool DC animation news for the kids:
http://www.toonzone.net/forums/dc-a...super-hero-girls-initiative.html#.VTiKPhejTOo

DC-Girls-Action-Image-042015-v-FINAL-6-0b5f0.jpg

Beginning in Fall 2015, DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. Animation, Warner Bros. Consumer Products and Mattel join forces to launch DC Super Hero Girls, an exciting new universe of Super Heroic storytelling that helps build character and confidence, and empowers girls to discover their true potential. Featuring DC Comics' most powerful and diverse line-up of female characters as relatable teens, DC Super Hero Girls will play out across multiple entertainment content platforms and product categories to create an immersive world.

Developed for girls aged 6-12, DC Super Hero Girls centers on the female Super Heroes and Super-Villains of the DC Comics universe during their formative years - prior to discovering their full super power potential. Featuring a completely new artistic style and aesthetic, DC Comics' icons such as Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Bumble Bee, Poison Ivy, Katana and many more make their unprecedented teenaged introduction. Each character has her own storyline that explores what teen life is like as a Super Hero, including discovering her unique abilities, nurturing her remarkable powers and mastering the fundamentals of being a hero.

Back