• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Yep. I saw a bunch of Rocket Raccoon dolls and such at Toys R Us.

Keep in mind the Guardians of the Galaxy animated series debuts in Fall 2015. I think they've been featured in at least two episodes of that god awful Spiderman cartoon as well.

I'm sure there will be a bunch of merchandise at Disney World when I get back there. I think Disney World can build attractions around Guardians of the Galaxy and Big Hero 6 since Universal doesn't already have them. I think that's one reason for promoting C, D, and F listers from the Marvel Universe and turning them into A list properties.

Speaking of Spider-Man, I watched ASM-2 on the way to San Francisco earlier this week. It wasn't bad. Not Marvel level, but it was entertaining, and still worlds better than the Raimi films, I think. Stone and Garfield nail their characters perfectly. I think Garfield really buries the Tobey Maguire version of the character. The story is a little weak, and I hate how they tried to copy the story-within-a-story concept that Marvel has done with their interconnected films. So well acted with a mediocre story.

Kevin Feige is teasing the real Mandarin showing up in a future movie. I think it's officially unofficial that one of those movies will be Iron Man 4.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Kevi...l-Return-Actual-Mandarin-Red-Skull-66386.html

Kevin Feige insists that even Iron Man 3 sets up for a potential rise of the real Mandarin, explaining, "There's a little bit of that when he's doing his detective work in his lab after Happy's been injured outside the Chinese Theater. He's talking about, 'Okay, the Mandarin is taken from various iconographies and mythologies from across the world.' The idea was always there was somebody like this. There had been rumors of somebody like this, and Aldrich Killian just built on that, to make his version."

Last edited:
New shot of Affleck as Batman.

Definitely has a The Dark Knight Returns vibe going on.

Edit: Can't get image to embed. The pic is here.

Last edited:
Moar like Buttchin Man. This movie is going to be such a steaming turd. Its gonna make Transformers look like fuggin Citizen Kane in comparison.

Batman_v_Superman:_Dawn_of_Justice_5.jpg

Apparently Guardians is the best movie of the summer, so say the 4 people I know that have seen it.

I was worried about it but Marvel's genius. Will never doubt them again. Can't wait to see it.

Also heard this from someone....admittedly a casual comic movie fan, but said it's the best comic book movie they've seen, as in ever.

I'm pretty pumped about GOG. This summer has been decent for tentpole flicks, but dogshit for everything else. 5 years in a row ive probably seen 50-60 movies a year and so far this year less than 20.

Those are all sequels or reboots of movies that did very well (or expected to do very well in the case of X-Men and How to Train Your Dragon 3). I've never seen the first How to Train Your Dragon. It obviously rated very well. My kids would love something like that. I should probably show it to them. Without a Pixar flick, they don't really have a big summer movie to look forward to like last year.

You and your kids are missing out PH, HTTYD is money

Bought How to Train Your Dragon this week and they've watched it everyday since. Took them to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 tonight. They loved it. Got lots of questions about the pivotal scene in the film but overall they really liked it. Two excellent films. Look forward to the 3rd.

It was funny explaining the movie posters to them (2 and 5). My wife and I still don't have a better explanation for "What is Dracula?" and "What are vampires?" than "People who aren't real who are like bats, but they aren't like Batman."

We don't watch anything with them except kids shows and occasional sports but my oldest knew all about "the movie where monkeys take over the world."

So it seems the Rock will either be playing Shazam or Black Adam. He'd actually be kind of perfect cast as Black Adam.

Slightly off topic, but I just showed Airplane to my wife for the first time and my sides still hurt. I used to argue with my friend growing up because he swore that Spaceballs was better than Airplane, yeah right!

So it seems the Rock will either be playing Shazam or Black Adam. He'd actually be kind of perfect cast as Black Adam.

Agreed. I think Shazam would be quite a bit younger. It would be nice to see the Rock play a heel again.

Agreed. I think Shazam would be quite a bit younger. It would be nice to see the Rock play a heel again.

Seeing the Rock now vs his Rocky Maivia heel days reminds me of Pirates Barry Bonds vs Giants Barry Bonds.

1987 Rock
the-rock-at-15.jpg

1997 Rock
therockicchamp.jpg

2012 Rock
The+Rock+post-wwe+muscles.jpg

Last edited:
Haha. My wife just stared at the Hercules poster at the movie theater.

Bought How to Train Your Dragon this week and they've watched it everyday since. Took them to see How to Train Your Dragon 2 tonight. They loved it. Got lots of questions about the pivotal scene in the film but overall they really liked it. Two excellent films. Look forward to the 3rd.

It was funny explaining the movie posters to them (2 and 5). My wife and I still don't have a better explanation for "What is Dracula?" and "What are vampires?" than "People who aren't real who are like bats, but they aren't like Batman."

We don't watch anything with them except kids shows and occasional sports but my oldest knew all about "the movie where monkeys take over the world."

Explain to him the difference between monkeys and apes. #teachablemoment

Back