• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Sort of a hybrid between Sci-Fi and Horror, I saw Scarlett Johannson's Under the Skin last night. Holy shit. It's a little uneven, but overall one of the most creepy, unnerving unsettling things I have seen in a looong time.
Definitely an interesting flick, I liked it. The scene with the crying baby on the beach rustled my jims, as did the scene where she picked up the disfigured man.

Cobie Smulders will be in Season 2 of Agents of SHIELD as Maria Hill.

I'm still hoping for a Stark, Hill, Coulson post-credits to Guardians of the Galaxy. Hopefully Marvel/ABC brings it home that AOS is telling the story to link Cap 2 and Avengers 2.

Cobie Smulders will be in Season 2 of Agents of SHIELD as Maria Hill.

I'm still hoping for a Stark, Hill, Coulson post-credits to Guardians of the Galaxy. Hopefully Marvel/ABC brings it home that AOS is telling the story to link Cap 2 and Avengers 2.

i'm hoping for a black widow/hill/pepper pots menage post-credits scene

Marvel has announced new dates in their schedule. Here is the current schedule. Expect it to be filled in next Saturday at Comic-Con. My guesses in parentheses.

May 1, 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron
July 17, 2015 - Ant-Man
May 6, 2016 - Captain America 3
July 8, 2016 - Doctor Strange (reported not confirmed)
May 5, 2017 - ??? (Avengers 3)
July 28, 2017 - ??? (Guardians of the Galaxy 2)
November 3, 2017 - ??? (Thor 3)
July 6, 2018 - ??? (Captain Marvel)
November 2, 2018 - ??? (Iron Man 4, Hulk maybe)
May 3, 2019 - ??? (Avengers 4)

I posted the above 5 days ago. Since then, a few things have happened.

1. Marvel announced that there plan is to do at least one sequel and one original film every year.
2. Robert Downey, Jr. announced he's open to doing Iron Man 4.
3. Star Wars VII actor John Boyega tweeted this:

Why put off doing a hulk movie for so long?

A few reasons.

First, Incredible Hulk was probably the most forgettable of the Marvel Studios movies. The most memorable part was in the credits.

Second, can they even bring back the cast from Incredible Hulk? Would they even need to with a new Hulk in Ruffalo?

Third, I like that it leaves Hulk as a special treat for The Avengers.

Fourth, the Hulk arc from the comics that people seem to want to see is Planet Hulk which would likely require less Ruffalo who stole the show in The Avengers. Kevin Feige made this point in a reason interview debunking the rumors of a Planet Hulk arc in Phase 3.

Fifth, he's the only Avenger who could double as a "bad guy" which makes it harder to (1) build a solo film around him and (2) justify not having Iron Man or Thor around to keep him in check. It made some sense why the other superpowered Avengers weren't around in the Iron Man, Thor, and Cap movies. It wouldn't make sense in a Hulk film.

Sixth, they don't need to in order to make $$$.

I posted the above 5 days ago. Since then, a few things have happened.

1. Marvel announced that there plan is to do at least one sequel and one original film every year.
2. Robert Downey, Jr. announced he's open to doing Iron Man 4.
3. Star Wars VII actor John Boyega tweeted this:

I think its actually Amazing Spiderman 3 in 2018. 2016 will be Sinister Six

I saw 4 and that 3 was going to be earlier than year. Doesn't really matter. Marvel swung a big D and sat it on Sony's shoulder.

Apparently Guardians is the best movie of the summer, so say the 4 people I know that have seen it.

I was worried about it but Marvel's genius. Will never doubt them again. Can't wait to see it.

That's very high praise considering Cap 2, DOFP, Apes 2, and Edge have gotten similar praise.

That's very high praise considering Cap 2, DOFP, Apes 2, and Edge have gotten similar praise.

3 of the 4 have seen all of those. I said the exact same thing to them and they all said GotG was funny and awesome. Apparently the damn raccoon steals the movie.

Just like you guys predicted.

I know $$$ numbers are down but there have been some solid movies this summer. When my least favorite that I paid for is the X-Men movie that was a decent flick, that's a nice run for hollywood. (I don't count that shitty Transformers schlock I watched for free, good lord)

Capt 2, Godzilla, Xmen 2, Edge of Tomm, Apes

Haven't yet seen Godzilla. Is it worth seeking out? Or should I just wait until it makes it to HBO/Netflix/whatever.

There's been a ton of Rocket Raccoon stuff unveiled at SDCC...toys, animation (seems there will be an animated series surrounding the GOTG coming), etc. Basically shows you exactly what Disney/Marvel were thinking with deciding to use the Guardians somewhat out of left field...they knew they could sell the shit out of that raccoon to your kids.

Back