• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer; The Boys returns June 13

I'll need to see Dazzler before I'm convinced they're all in for the 80s.

woof, AV club not high on Age of Ultron

though they crapped on Daredevil and they were wrong on that one.

Every negative review reads the same way...people don't find this one as much "fun" as the first one. To that I say it isn't supposed to be...the same way Empire was less "fun" than A New Hope. This is supposed to be Disassembled, and I expect it to be bleak as hell.

What's the higher number - how often Marvel throws in the number 616 in an episode or DC with 52? I think it's DC, slightly.

That was quite the payoff, AOS. They just directly set up Age of Ultron.

I had to wait through Spurs-Clips to watch AOS and see what you were talking about. It was a nice payoff. The prophecy from Raina (the real Clairvoyant) was the icing.

And The Flash was good too.

About time. That show had really begun to drag. Hopefully the rest keeps the same pace.

God, I'm watching AOS right now, and Ward's "finally, the gang's back together" line just made me smile. I had no idea how badly I wanted these 6 characters to be alone together again, and I think it's a testament to how far AOS has come that I ended up applauding a setup that we were all lamenting 18 months ago.

The coolest thing about it is that none of what happened to get everyone back on the Bus felt contrived.

I can't tell is the above post is sarcasm.

Simmons' slow descent into ends-justify-the-means-murderer has been one of the weirdest parts of this half-season, though.

Simmons' slow descent into ends-justify-the-means-murderer has been one of the weirdest parts of this half-season, though.

Agreed. That character arc would be better for Caitlin on The Flash since we know eventually she's going to be Killer Frost. AOS did right by Simmons and Fitz, but the whole "let's kill Ward" was a bit of a stretch even given everything they went through. I hope the show is done with Ward even though he would be a good villain in small doses.

Raina is interesting, but I don't know why they're going all in with Inhumans this soon before the movie. It's not even clear yet if the Twins (or even characters like Blizzard and Creel) are actually Inhumans or some other not mutant.

Ultron slipping down the Rotten Tomatoes meter

It's metacritic score is basically identical to the first one. Sometimes it seems kind of random how rotten tomatoes determines what is a positive review.

It's metacritic score is basically identical to the first one. Sometimes it seems kind of random how rotten tomatoes determines what is a positive review.

On iffy reviews, the site asks the writing critics how they want their review to be designated.

Back