• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Some info from a podcast with Whedon. The cliffs version is this: There was a 3:15 version of the film. The Blu-ray is going to be a must buy.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...-where-redacted-doesnt-die-much-more-20150504

Interesting stuff about his conflicts with Marvel over what to cut and what to keep. Apparently, Marvel didn't like the farmhouse or the nightmare sequences.

Here's a link to the podcast with Whedon and Paul Bettany (Vision): Avengers: Age Of Ultron Spoiler Podcast | Movie News | Empire

Here's a summary a dude on another forum wrote up. It's long:

Whedon

-In bedroom scene, Bruce rejected Natasha. She played it like that so had to do some reshoots.

-Another thing cut, he thought will work in another movie.

-Took joy in piling it on that Hawkeye will die.

-Shot some footage showing he was building things like a railing.

-Ultimately, I always think of the old guys make it through and it's the young guys that tend to. Weird to kill the only other woman. Knew right away that's what I wanted to do. I have this reputation. Felt disingenuous to make a second war movie and everyone walks away, the most arrogant (if you watch the extras, pussyhound) and that's the guy who saves Hawkeye. Resonant. Make everything else work better and it's a big explosion after but Wanda's grief is extraordinary and Vision saves her. I told Aaron the first day that was my intention, only the executives will keep you alive. We did shoot him in the last scene in an outfit with his sister. We shot him waking up "Ah, I didn't die from these 47 bullet wounds" -- and we shot something else, too, but the intent was we're going to earn this. And Coulson got a TV show. It did take some of the truth out of it and I'm responsible for doing that. I'm just as guilty of bringing people back to life.

-Yes, there is a 3:15 version.

-Yes, [Thor-Selvig was the most cut]. He went to speak to the Norn and goes in the pool and the Norn possess him and basically Selvig asks the questions and Norn speak through Thor. So Chris got to do something very different and he threw himself into it. It wasn't well regarded by test audiences and I feel it's probably largely because a) a rough cut no effects and something in a Thor movie would work but in this movie is too little left. Thor is the hardest to integrate. At first it was Thor looking through library books but wasn't visceral - thought it was win. He didn't have to ask questions, he has his shirt off -- so many people were on set that day -- I think it was about try to set it up so people will accept it so instead we split the dream up, Loki in second part but it didn't work, it's late, not an executive favorite - the dreams and the farm house - I fought to keep them. The cave turned into a -- they pointed a gun at the farm house. Give us the cave or the farm house. It got unpleasant. At one point, no cave. I was so beaten down at that point. 'What movie is this?' Editors said we have to show it, not just say it.

-I make the movies like no other movies have been seen. So who's the person walking Thor through his dream? Tom. They said, you can have Eldris. I talked to Tom and told him. I would never pressure you... and he said 'Sure' and everybody's in. We had a little reference to the fact he took the throne - Antony Hopkins impression, what would father say, Thor said 'that's uncanny!' but wouldn't make that connection. The dreams were long. Made the most of them and so there is a lot of fun stuff. Maybe the movie should have been 2 minutes longer to let some things breath. I stuffed it a bit full.

-It just came from, it would be cool to have a bit with everyone trying to lift the hammer. I talked to Jeremy. He writes everything down. Kevin turned to Jeremy - 'that's the thing you forgot to write down?' For me, something similar in Angel. On one hand, I want them to not all trust each other and they come together at the church. But I need them to take this guy [Vision] -- and we're off. Chris added the 'nice work'

-I made sure we never shot him [Chris] saying it [Avengers Assemble] so no executive would say 'You didn't say the last word' In the script exactly as written - 'he draws in his breath - fade to black' I told him the ending at the end of the MTV Awards during the first movie.

-I wanted all those people [line up] would be great to add a few more - I say Ms Marvel --- a Captain Marvel and a Spider-Man. Sony approached us in the first film for some integration. They talked about it. So I would have but neither deals were made then they announced them, I already locked my film. Thanks a lot guys.

-I shot that [the stinger]. Josh came in, face painted with dots, I said 'this is what it should be. One line. Great' We didn't know, I didn't know if I was directing the next film.

-[The time frame after the battle] She had the baby so it's a few months. Tony found a place.

-I never intended to shoot him [Hulk] into space. I wanted to indicate he might. The sky would be a little thinner. If this is the last movie, he might have left the world behind. Something poetic... and misleading about it because they don't plan to make Planet Hulk.

31:00 mark - Bettany

Vision lifting the hammer
-I would be lying if I didn't love -- I watched the film and there's such artistry in the film. The puzzle pieces are so small. How do you do it. He says 'I have a plan and I'm surrounded by people who can pull off that plan'. There was a risk fans would go "Noooo!" When they cheer, I go 'I'm awesome! I must be!'
-He's worthy. The hammer must be right.

-Yes, I mean I genuinely don't know what the future holds for him. The comic books are rich for different stories for him. In this film, he's the flip side to Ultron and the fun thing to play with is you are born and I'm omnipotent and supremely powerful and yet incredibly naive and experiencing the world as it happens, figuring out his place, a force of good or evil, no existing moral compass, he's very quiet in this world of one liners.

-Quiet for a conversation between a father and son. A philosophical one.

-Up until recently you would work with a fuzzy tennis ball, then do motion capture on a stage -- they can do it on set now. You can work with James Spader in a fractal suit. I'm purple. It's all a little odd. You're left with the actor's eyes. It's honest.

-[You don't really know what happens next for Vision? Have you been given a call? A summons]Absolutely. But I'm not allowed to talk -- I'm allowed to say the character continues and I'm really excited to see where he goes and what he does and what his place in the world - there's so much to do.

-Only certain people picked that up [the shared look when Vision picks up Wanda] I wonder...

Last edited:
I think I'm just hate watching Gotham at this point.

- How convenient that Maroni killed his would be assassins before they could implicate Penguin

- As careful as Loeb has been, why would he go to the hospital to personally see Falcone get killed?

- Bullock helped Gordon escape from the hospital but they don't tie him up when they tie up Falcone, Gordon, and Penguin?

- Fish just shows up in Gotham and immediately has an army?

- Selina just randomly decides to join up with Fish with no rhyme or reason? I kept waiting for her to be the one that saved Gordon et al but nope, she just goes full heel.

- Penguin manages to take out the rest of the armies with a tommy gun despite shooting it like Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies.

- Barbara Keen goes from somewhat normal to full blown psychopath. Um....sure?

- The Ridder scene was weird and completely out of place

Martin Freeman has been cast to play in Captain America 3. No word on who his character is.

really couldn't care less about a Boba Fett movie. especially after Ep II said he was just a non-brainwashed clone

I get the feeling that the prequels will slowly be taken out of canon and around 2020, we will see a reboot of the prequels.

That pimple between Palicki's eyes can't be unseen. It distracts me from her amazing body.

AOS was better than expected. Still not sure why there is a whole Inhumans plot so soon.

And as expected, that was easily Iris' best episode.

Watching AOS episode 1. Is the centipede program the same stuff in Iron Man 3?

Yeah. Basically.

So, Tom Hardy is interested in playing The Punisher. I'd love to see that as a series on Netflix and not as a feature film.

Why not just Carolina Black Panthers? It's easy. The rest of the NFC South was excellent.

Oliver to Ra's Al Ghul: "Hey Raysh"
Oliver to Malcolm: "So Rahz says..."

This inconsistency is fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Oliver to Ra's Al Ghul: "Hey Raysh"
Oliver to Malcolm: "So Rahz says..."

This inconsistency is fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Lulz.

Good episode tonight. Doesn't make up for a shitty season. But a good episode tonight. Looks like Flash will play a major role in the finale.

One thing that bothered me was showing us so early that there's not a cure for the virus. I don't know if I'm alone on this, but a lot of the sequencing in last night's ep seemed to undermine the narrative tension. Some really weird plot decisions there, like repeatedly referring to Akio as dead in the present while the plot to save him was still unfolding in the past. I get that we as viewers were already told in previous episodes that the kid was dead, but why beat us over the head with that, stripping all suspense from the episode?

Back