• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

As excited as I am for the defenders, I would have loved for Netflix to have gone with characters from the Marvel Knights imprint. Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Punisher, and Blade...those all seem ready made for that platform.

As excited as I am for the defenders, I would have loved for Netflix to have gone with characters from the Marvel Knights imprint. Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Punisher, and Blade...those all seem ready made for that platform.

Ghost Rider I think would have been hard to do because of the special effects but the rest shouldn't be too hard to do.

There was a Blade TV show once upon a time. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0823333/?ref_=nv_sr_4

I got it off Netflix some time ago. It wasn't bad. It's not up to Marvel's current standards but I remember enjoying it.

Eh. Get a decent role, turn in a strong performance, and work hard to make your character integral to the MCU. That's what Clark Gregg and Hayley Atwell did.

Marvel is hiring a lot of primarily TV actors and movie actors who haven't done blockbusters just to avoid people with big heads complaining about small roles.

So they are hiring lesser known actors to avoid the issue I mentionef.got it.

Yes, when a role clicks with the audience marvel is showing they'll explore it more. Still largely out of the actors hands.

Marvel's Age of Ultron (spoilers) / "Cap 3: Civil War" cast announced (Post #...

Ghost Rider I think would have been hard to do because of the special effects but the rest shouldn't be too hard to do.

There was a Blade TV show once upon a time. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0823333/?ref_=nv_sr_4

I got it off Netflix some time ago. It wasn't bad. It's not up to Marvel's current standards but I remember enjoying it.

I remember that. Based on the Wesley Snipes character, right?

I would think so with the Marvel-Netflix partnership.

Wonder why the movies haven't made it on there? They probably still make too much in sales. Guess I am going to have to buy them.

Wonder why the movies haven't made it on there? They probably still make too much in sales. Guess I am going to have to buy them.

They will starting next year. All Disney films that come out next year and beyond will go to Netflix.

Just started watching last week's AoS. When the guy wakes up under the star wars sheets/blanket... yeah I have that. My grandmother made a quilt out of it and now my kids love to curl up when it's cold to watch a show or comforts them when they are sick.

That opening was solid. Reminded me of the opening early in S3 with Simmons, which was the episode where AOS really started to click.

The rest of this week's episode was just sort of uncomfortable. I couldn't tell if I was enjoying it or not... The heel turn for Skye's mom was unexpected, and I wonder if she would have done the same to Coulson. And, god, fuck Reina. Her warnings would have been taken seriously if she hadn't for some reason thought she should be the one to take the reins. Which, I guess, was Cal's whole point about her, but what a frustrating scene.

Also, uh, Ward's 37265th double-cross of the series felt out of place to me. I thought we were done with these stupid games. (Or is this only because SHIELD tried to lock up 33? It certainly seemed like this was a plan 33 and Ward had had for some time when she revealed herself on the Quinjet.)

Deserving the tag "zeros of people care" - Constantine was canceled. I am among the zero. That's sort of confusing because that implies I care, I don't. I wanted to care but the show ended up being an unwatched clump of shows on my DVR. I hope Lucifer has better luck though I have hard time believing the bible thumping majority of the country is going to buy into a show where Satan is the protagonist.

Last edited:
Deserving the tag "zeros of people care" - Constantine was canceled. I am among the zero. That's sort of confusing because that implies I care, I don't. I wanted to care but the show ended up being an unwatched clump of shows on my DVR. I hope Lucifer has better luck though I have hard time believing the bible thumping majority of the country is going to buy into a show where Satan is the protagonist.

I only saw the pilot for Constantine, but had planned to revisit it over the summer. I did see that WB is trying to find a new home for it. Broken record here, I know, but Netflix would be a great fit for Hellblazer. Even the CW wouldn't be terrible.

Back