• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Also, the SFX for the Atom stick out like a sore thumb. I'm not confident in this new spinoff based on what I've seen from the dude so far. Every time he gets in that suit, it takes me right out of the show. I get that this universe is on the CW and the budget isn't great, but Arrow has always been able to mask the budget with solid fight choreographing and direction, while IMO the Flash has been mostly solid with (obviously) much more difficult effects to pull off. The easiest thing either show has done to completely undermine that FX success? Show Ray Palmer flying around in a damn suit.

Also, the SFX for the Atom stick out like a sore thumb. I'm not confident in this new spinoff based on what I've seen from the dude so far. Every time he gets in that suit, it takes me right out of the show. I get that this universe is on the CW and the budget isn't great, but Arrow has always been able to mask the budget with solid fight choreographing and direction, while IMO the Flash has been mostly solid with (obviously) much more difficult effects to pull off. The easiest thing either show has done to completely undermine that FX success? Show Ray Palmer flying around in a damn suit.

Yeah, I agree. To see what the flash has done all season, and especially with Grodd, you would think they could make the Atom sequences not look so ridiculous.

Next week is going to be a little weird, too. Oliver will be on the Flash on Tuesday, presumably free of the League, to help take on Wells. But then Barry will be on the Arrow finale on Wednesday, where Oliver is still playing the Al Sa-Him angle. Seems like there could be some continuity issues.

Civil War cast includes Ant-Man (Rudd) and General Ross, the first character besides Banner to appear from The Incredible Hulk.
http://marvel.com/news/movies/24586...oduction_on_marvels_captain_america_civil_war

Agent 13 will be returning as well. There's some talk out there that with Emily Van Camp's show Revenge being cancelled, she can take a role on either AOS or the new spinoff.

Wolverine 3 to be Hugh Jackman's last as the character.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...-quit-playing-wolverine-following-wolverine-3

Last edited:
So no Spider-Man?

I just saw Avengers 2 last night and the part I hated the most was leaving out Gwyneth Paltrow. I didn't care as much about Natalie Portman as she doesn't seem as central to Thor as Pepper is to Iron Man.

It probably would've been less noticeable if they hadn't commented about the missing women.

I saw an interview with Feige last week in which he said he hadn't finished watching Daredevil yet. I thought that was interesting.

Flash and Arrow are coming back and the spinoff is titled "DC Legends of Tomorrow."
http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-prin...ies-order-and-a-title-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow

Let's get details:
"DC's Legends of Tomorrow" focuses on time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter, who has to recruit a rag-tag team of heroes and villains to help prevent an apocalypse that could impact not only Earth, but all of time. YIKES!
The series stars Victor Garber, Brandon Routh, Arthur Darvill, Caity Lotz, Ciarra Renee, Franz Drameh, Dominic Purcell and Wentworth Miller. Note that, for whatever reason, the initial logline has the last two "Flash" veterans listed as "with Dominic Purcell... and Wentworth Miller." Dunno if that's contractual or what.

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-prin...e-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow#Rf6b7S7ACEWoYp2t.99

Last edited:
How excited would you be to get a call from Marvel saying they want you... then you find out its a shit character and you are crushed.

How excited would you be to get a call from Marvel saying they want you... then you find out its a shit character and you are crushed.

I doubt the actor cares. They're probably more interested in the big paychecks they can get with a recurring role in the Marvel blockbusters.

Yeah. There's probably somebody who turned down the role of Coulson who is kicking themselves.

You think the actor doesn't care? Everyone want a "good" role. Of course they'll take a job and cash a check but they want a good Characater and great role. Shitty role = get a job and a smaller paycheck. Get a great role and you get more appearances and screen time and bigger checks.

Eh. Get a decent role, turn in a strong performance, and work hard to make your character integral to the MCU. That's what Clark Gregg and Hayley Atwell did.

Marvel is hiring a lot of primarily TV actors and movie actors who haven't done blockbusters just to avoid people with big heads complaining about small roles.

Last edited:
Legends of Tomorrow pilot ordered by the CW.

http://nerdist.com/the-dc-arrowflash-spinoff-now-has-a-title-legends-of-tomorrow/

We’ve been waiting with mandibles sufficiently salivating to hear more about the CW’s proposed Arrow/The Flash spinoff, and today we got a big piece of that DC Comics puzzle. While we’ve known for awhile who was going to be in it — Brandon Routh as the Atom, Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold, Dominic Purcell as Heat Wave, Victor Garber as Dr. Martin Stein, Caity Lotz as SOMEBODY OR OTHER, and recent additions of Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter, Franz Drameh as Jay Jackson, and Ciara Renée as Hawkgirl — we haven’t known anything more than that, really. Good cast, sure, but what’s the show?

We now have an answer. In The CW’s pilot order group of three (which also included Crazy Ex Girlfriend and Cordon) was listed DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, hinting at the time-travel aspect of at least one of the characters, that being Rip Hunter. And on top of that, we also have a brief synopsis!

Agents of SHIELD was officially renewed for season 3 today.

Agent Carter was picked up for Season 2 as well.

Fantastic news. Agent Carter, Better Call Saul, and Daredevil were a great start to the year.

More news. The rumored Bobbi and Hunter spinoff isn't happening, but the John Ridley Marvel show is still a possibility. The last episode set up Bobbi and Hunter vs. Ward and 33 and it looks like that was going to be the set up for a new show. Hopefully this is part of a decision to streamline and focus AOS better.
http://deadline.com/2015/05/marvel-agents-of-shield-spinoff-dead-abc-1201422761/

Last edited:
More news. The rumored Bobbi and Hunter spinoff isn't happening, but the John Ridley Marvel show is still a possibility. The last episode set up Bobbi and Hunter vs. Ward and 33 and it looks like that was going to be the set up for a new show. Hopefully this is part of a decision to streamline and focus AOS better.
http://deadline.com/2015/05/marvel-agents-of-shield-spinoff-dead-abc-1201422761/

Good. That spinoff had me really worried by how little sense it made.

There's been a rumor floating that Ridley would be helming a Blade series....but I can only see something like that working on Netflix.

Back