• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Okay. So. Arrow. I'm sort of excited? Ph, season 3 is up on Netflix finally, so you should be able to catch up. Be warned, though: season 3 is bad. Really, really bad. Bad enough to make me root against #OLICITY for a while. But not forever, because I still have a fucking heart. It's not a good season of TV for the most part, is my point.

Still required viewing for tonight's premiere, I think, and there are enough positive moments sprinkled throughout that it's probably worth watching anyway. The episode where Oliver dies is as good as anything in Season 2, and the immediate fallout from that makes for some fun Team Arrow Sans Arrow moments.

That all being said: hey gang, what are our expectations for tonight? Does Arrow reclaim its rightful spot as the best superhero show in TV history? Or has that torch been passed on already?

I'm expecting a wholly different Arrow this season. I think the dark, brooding Oliver is gone and they're going to embrace the comic books more this season. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but certainly different. It could either be exactly what the series needs or the worst thing to ever happen to it.

Looks like I'm going to have to avoid this thread on Wednesdays.

"Don't watch without me. I'll be right down."

8:52 pm...I've entered a violent rage.

That was a really good episode. Maybe the best season premiere Arrow has done. I'm really very excited for this season. Already looks like it has way more direction than any point of season 3 did.

One question, was that Ray's grave at the end? I was confused by the chronology there.

It's the Gwen Stacy rule of comics (now more commonly referred to as woman in a fridge). She gonna die.

Seems like it could be misdirection- but we were certainly led to believe it was Felicity. Could be Diggle tho

Last edited:
Rewatching and reading a bit more, there's no way it's Felicity. We were definitely made to believe that, I agree, but it feels like a really easy red herring. It has to be someone that would draw Barry to pay his respects, but I think he would be more torn up over Felicity... My bet is on Diggle or one of the Lances (probably Cap'n, hopefully Laurel). I guess it could be Thea, since the resurrection aftermath is going to be a factor this season. Those are the four possibilities right now, I think.

If she's not dead in that flash forward, then Olicity at the very least is done. He's on the verge of proposing in the present, but he's alone at the gravesite and tells Barry he just wants to be by himself, which would be a pretty shitty thing to do to your wife/fiancé who would have lost someone close to them as well whether it is Diggle/Thea/Cap'n Lance or whomever.

So, basically, we're going to get a season of Oliver slowly descending from his new "happy" persona right back into being dark and brooding. Alright, let's do this.

Back