• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Panthers NFC championship game followed by the first new X Files episode in more than a decade has got me beyond pumped. Really looking forward to seeing some new X Files- that show really defined the 1990's (for me anyway).

Agreed. There's a good chance Thursday night will be an NBA/catch up on shows time.

Concept art from the DC Films Facebook page.

886343_432032996995646_1648093818310094305_o.jpg

you know they want to shoe horn another 5-10 characters onto the team.

Not sure but there should be at least one Green Lantern.

gotta go with john stewart. leave hal jordan in his grave. never liked guy gardner.

That's an encouraging Suicide Squad trailer. Good choice of music to set the tone.

The Flash was decent enough. Not one of the stronger eps though.

Agent Carter got off to a nice start. The new characters are fun. There's a neat swashbuckling vibe to the show. The interaction between Peggy and Dr. Wilkes in the second episode was somewhat reminiscent of Rey and Finn in The Force Awakens.

Last edited:
I thought the Flash was fine last night. I agree that it's been an uneven season, but that was one of the better episodes to it so far IMO. I guess the Wally stuff was dumb, and my biggest problem with the show remains that Patty is too smart to not realize who the Flash is.

Agent Carter is such a charming show. I love it.

Agree with rsf about patty. Didn't they learn that "keeping the secret from one person" plot device doesn't work that well?

"Meh" is generous for the WW footage, I'm thinking more in terms of "woof". Why so gray? I'll wait for the official trailer to form a real first opinion, but that footage did nothing to move my initial skepticism of the movie, such as Gadot's gravitas for the role.

Just starting Agent Carter now. Dottie-Carter fights still induce wood.

The worst part of Flash is that Wally doesn't appear to possess any humor whatsoever. I'm not talking about him being a surly punk, he could still be that with a sarcastic sense of humor, which, to me, is crucial to who Wally is. I get that characters are going to change over the various media, but some traits are more crucial to maintain. I suspect that tv Barry is an amalgamation of comic Wally + Barry (Barry in the comics is more serious) so maybe they feel the need to change Wally more. I do want to caveat that I have no idea if new rebooted comics portray these characters differently from what I remember.

I thought the WW clip was solid. It wasn't much so it's hard to get too excited or too down on it. I like that it's going to be a period piece in 3 timelines. I just hope it's not flashbacks. I definitely hope the clip with Bruce Wayne is from BVS and he's not shoehorned into the WW movie.

When did Kevin Smith turn into a corporate stooge? When his boy got picked to play Batman? When he started his reality show? The Green Lantern clip where he gets all excited about a WB/DC film set in space was ridiculous. Yeah. They already did that and it sucked.

DeacHead, do you think Peggy Carter with an American accent is off-putting? It was just too weird to me. I'm glad they gave us what we wanted to see early with Peggy vs. Dottie then brought it all together at the end. They definitely expanded on Dottie's (understandable) obsession with Peggy. I really liked Ana Jarvis. Just a great character. Her interaction with Peggy was fun.

Last edited:
I misunderstood that this WW was from the standalone film. That seems a little better. I initially thought it was more BvS footage.

My problem with The Flash is that they have episodes like this from time to time where there is an issue that seems rather contrived (she's a cop, she can handle herself and is probably the chillest gf ever, but you still can't tell her?), and they spend an entire episode teasing the resolution with no progress made plot-wise. "Barry! You HAVE TO TELL HER!", "NO I CANT SHE WONT BE SAFE", "BARRY YOU IDIOT, SHE GOT KIDNAPPED BECAUSE OF A SITUATION YOU PUT HER IN, DONT YOU THINK SHE'D BE SAFER KNOWING THE TRUTH???" "NO BUT I CAN'TTTTT.... Ok maybe I'll tell her---whoops she broke up with me."

I thought the Wally stuff was fine, but the "what do I do?" Patty stuff was infuriating.

Back