• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer; The Boys returns June 13

That's the best guess but it makes no damn sense. What city was it in? They worked hard to detach this film from continuity.

That's the best guess but it makes no damn sense. What city was it in? They worked hard to detach this film from continuity.

Not exactly. It was detached while being simultaneously connected.

Saw it last night and thought the same thing. Read on reddit that was just a regular carrier for licensing reasons, but I think the intent was pretty clear.

Not exactly. It was detached while being simultaneously connected.

It was connected to other movies through the fourth wall but that wasn't continuity.

Sure. Through the fourth wall but not in terms of story, plot, or characters or continuity.

With films coming out on Thursday night, posters complained about having to wait more than two days to discuss films. If people complain the other way, I'll move it back to Sun night for spoilers.

Saw Deadpool yesterday. Absolutely loved it. I've loved the character for years and it was amazing to see a pool movie done right.
Side note: it was my first time going to Studio Movie Grill and that place was amazing, minus the parking.

Between Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and now Deadpool, it's clear there is a market for R-rated comic book adaptations and it can be done right.

Going back to continuity, I really liked having a property that wasn't tied down. And I'm a big fan of continuity (DC Animated Universe RIP).

$135 million

Biggest opening weekend of an X-Men Universe film. It beat Days of Futures Past by an absurd $44M.

Fifth biggest opening weekend of a Marvel Comics film after The Avengers, Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3, and Spider-Man 3. It's only behind The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises among DC films.

Warner Bros has to be shitting in their pants. There's a pretty good chance they role out a movie featuring Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman on Easter weekend and it doesn't put up as good of an opening as freaking Deadpool.

People are so pissed at this guy- the amount of downvotes on the vid are ridiculous.

That's just insane. And for an R-rated movie. Wow.

A "hard R" too. They were checking ID's at my theater. I think it just got insane buzz from the marketing campaign. I saw it with a buddy who is into comics, the target audience. Outside of the theater, we ran into a young couple from my church who knew nothing about Deadpool and came to see it at that theater because the Studio Movie Grill 15 minutes away was sold out. The guy posted this on Facebook yesterday.
12744424_1162696917108095_7668319492677354873_n.jpg

Deadpool made $135M while specifically begging a significant part of the comic book movie audience not to see the film.

I perused his Twitter the other night...dude was getting lit up.

I posted a link to that video before. The crazy thing is he's the same guy who gave Man of Steel an A+ review and he's been defending it since.

$135 million

Biggest opening weekend of an X-Men Universe film. It beat Days of Futures Past by an absurd $44M.

Fifth biggest opening weekend of a Marvel Comics film after The Avengers, Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3, and Spider-Man 3. It's only behind The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises among DC films.

Warner Bros has to be shitting in their pants. There's a pretty good chance they role out a movie featuring Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman on Easter weekend and it doesn't put up as good of an opening as freaking Deadpool.

On Valentine's weekend with bad weather on the East Coast.

There were several kids ages 7 - 12 with their parents in the theater while I was watching Deadpool. I really don't understand what the parents were thinking.

I didn't find a video to link directly to, so here's one embedded in a tweet.

My thoughts: OMFG!!!

Back