• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer; The Boys returns June 13

Holy fucking wall of text Oblong.
Not gonna lie. I noped out about half way through. Could not keep my focus. Guess I've found my kryptonite; super hero podcasts/speculation videos. I'm a little surprised if I'm being honest. I'm really a great big nerd.
Lalo Salamanca! Hopefully they get Tony Dalton to voice the Swordsman at least.

That looked really good and I'm in. The "that" being What if, not the prior one. What if? showed a number of characters I didn't recognize. If only there was a Youtube channel that does trailer breakdowns...

I chuckled at all of these....not a full LOL, but still a good chuckle. Thanks guys!

I think my posting style will evolve to that of the long NR post, and other posts recently that I won't mention. Fewer things for people to mock me for and only those that actually care will read.

But for those that seriously didn't read....there's some good info in there mentioning some great YouTube stuff if you ever find yourself perusing and looking for nerd stuff.

(BTW, I won't stop posting NR vid-references. They're just too good NOT to.)

HAGD all!

I chuckled at all of these....not a full LOL, but still a good chuckle. Thanks guys!

I think my posting style will evolve to that of the long NR post, and other posts recently that I won't mention. Fewer things for people to mock me for and only those that actually care will read.

But for those that seriously didn't read....there's some good info in there mentioning some great YouTube stuff if you ever find yourself perusing and looking for nerd stuff.

(BTW, I won't stop posting NR vid-references. They're just too good NOT to.)

HAGD all!
We all get mocked to some extent for our posting style. It’s all in good fun…as long as your not an objectively bad guy.

Both Madame Web and What If...? Season 2 look pretty damn amazing.

What if especially....no idea what's going on as all of the characters are either unrecognizable in the quick glances, or not the versions we're used to.

I wonder how I'm gonna figure out what all of this means and/or where the half-second glympses of characters are from and/or who they are?

Luckily, I have an idea.

:geek: 👍

IDK what I'm gonna do in December when "What If...?" comes out and Erik Voss is on paternity leave. He's really the only one that either does the in depth research, or knows how to do anything besides summarize the video. That's my only gripe with that Award-deserving channel.

For those curious, the Episode titles/streaming order of What If...? Season 2 have been released, and in case you wanna go into it blind, or in case these are "spoilers" I will tag them as such (along with this cool video I found!):

Dec. 22 - Episode 201: What If...Nebula Joined the Nova Corps?"
Dec. 23 - Episode 202: What If...Peter Quill Atacked Earth's Mightiest Heroes?
Dec. 24 - Episode 203: What If...Happy Hogan Saved Christmas?
Dec. 25 - Episode 204: What If...Iron Man Crashed into the Grandmaster? (*This is supposedly the episode that Gamora was pulled from in the S1 finale where everyone was like "WTF, that episode didn't happen...it was pushed to Season 2.)
Dec. 26 - Episode 205: What If...Captain Carter Fought the Hydra Stomper?
Dec. 27 - Episode 206: What If...The Avengers Assembled in 1602?
Dec. 28 - Episode 207: What If...Hela Found the Ten Rings?
Dec. 29 - Episode 208: What If...Kahhori Reshaped the World?
Dec. 30 - Episode 209: What If...Strange Supreme Intervened?

Kahhori is a new character created for the MCU who is a young Mohawk woman who seeks to discover her powers after the Tesseract crash-lands in the Haudenosaunee Confederacy in pre-colonial America.

The New Rockstars breakdown:

Last edited:
Both Madame Web and What If...? Season 2 look pretty damn amazing.

What if especially....no idea what's going on as all of the characters are either unrecognizable in the quick glances, or not the versions we're used to.

I wonder how I'm gonna figure out what all of this means and/or where the half-second glympses of characters are from and/or who they are?

Luckily, I have an idea.

:geek: 👍

IDK what I'm gonna do in December when "What If...?" comes out and Erik Voss is on paternity leave. He's really the only one that either does the in depth research, or knows how to do anything besides summarize the video. That's my only gripe with that Award-deserving channel.
I am less than excited for madame Webb. The acting seemed pretty bad in the trailer.

I'm more interested in Madame Web than I've been for the other live-action Sony Spidey films.

I'm not too well versed on the Madame Web character, so it looks less like a Spider-Man adjacent movie and more like a sci-fi Final Destination adjacent movie.

The only appeal Madame Web has for me is seeing Sydney Sweeney in a Spiderwoman costume. Otherwise this provides Morbius levels of indifference to me. I didn't read a lot of Madame Web comics and that's because the few I did read didn't compel me to keep it going.

The only appeal Madame Web has for me is seeing Sydney Sweeney in a Spiderwoman costume. Otherwise this provides Morbius levels of indifference to me. I didn't read a lot of Madame Web comics and that's because the few I did read didn't compel me to keep it going.
Sydney Sweeney AND Dakota Johnson - that's enough for me. Trailer looked good except for the line about her mother researching spiders. That was strangely bad.

For those curious, the Episode titles/streaming order of What If...? Season 2 have been released, and in case you wanna go into it blind, or in case these are "spoilers" I will tag them as such (along with this cool video I found!):

Dec. 22 - Episode 201: What If...Nebula Joined the Nova Corps?"
Dec. 23 - Episode 202: What If...Peter Quill Atacked Earth's Mightiest Heroes?
Dec. 24 - Episode 203: What If...Happy Hogan Saved Christmas?
Dec. 25 - Episode 204: What If...Iron Man Crashed into the Grandmaster?
Dec. 26 - Episode 205: What If...Captain Carter Fought the Hydra Stomper?
Dec. 27 - Episode 206: What If...The Avengers Assembled in 1602?
Dec. 28 - Episode 207: What If...Hela Found the Ten Rings?
Dec. 29 - Episode 208: What If...Kahhori Reshaped the World?
Dec. 30 - Episode 209: What If...Strange Supreme Intervened?

Kahhori is a new character created for the MCU who is a young Mohawk woman who seeks to discover her powers after the Tesseract crash-lands in the Haudenosaunee Confederacy in pre-colonial America.

The New Rockstars breakdown:

I’m sure they’ll be good episodes, but I’ve never asked any of those questions. The “What If” comic book routinely asked questions that I was legitimately curious about except for that whole what if fill in the blank here joined Shield.

I really enjoyed the 1602 comics. Of course having Neil Gaiman write them certainly helps.

Kirkman dropped a big (and I mean big) spoiler regarding one of his buddies.

I’m sure they’ll be good episodes, but I’ve never asked any of those questions. The “What If” comic book routinely asked questions that I was legitimately curious about except for that whole what if fill in the blank here joined Shield.

Well these "Questions" are more about telling brand new, crazy stories and then actually getting to the final episode merging of the stories than actually being something fans were actually asking. After all, fans have been begging for something "different" for a while, this serves that purpose. But you're right, Season 1 was a little more of the actual Comics kind of stories (T'Challa Star Lord, Zombies, No Avengers, Ultron Won, etc).

IDK if it was just released, or if I haven't been paying attention, but Blue Beetle is now on Max (HBO Max).

I'll be watching tomorrow probably.

And this isn't really Comic Book, but I figure maybe the same kind of audience.....Five Nights At Freddy's was also released simultaneously in theatres and on Peacock. My nephew loves that series of games and was a first-night theatre-goer.

Yeah. Not only are those questions I haven’t asked, those are characters I’m not particularly interested in.

I watched Blue Beetle yesterday. It was okay. Not as good as I thought it would be based on the trailer but it was fine. I liked The Marvels better but that may just be my personal preference of Marvel over DC.

I really enjoyed the 1602 comics. Of course having Neil Gaiman write them certainly helps.

Kirkman dropped a big (and I mean big) spoiler regarding one of his buddies.

I like the actor, but hated that character in the comics.

Deadline reporting (according to unnamed sources) as well as other sources that Pedro Pascal is close to signing on as Mr. Fantastic for the FANTASTIC FOUR movie.

Take that for what it's worth. Pedro's schedule is pretty packed with Last Of Us Season 2 and another movie he's filming.

I don't think I would like that. I'm pretty much suffering from Pedro Pascal-fatigue. He's in EVERYTHING now. It's too much.

I honestly liked John Krasinski as Mr. Fantastic. I think it would be really cool to have him and Emily Blunt as Sue Storm. The fact that they're married could bring some actual chemistry to a Fantastic Four cast for once.

There were also rumors (OMG SPECULATION :couch: ) of Vanessa Kirby and Emma Stone being pursued for Sue Storm :sick:...I would absolutely HATE that casting (Emma Stone). I never got the whole Emma Stone thing. But whatever.

And Joseph Quinn (Eddie Munson from S4 of Stranger Things) as Johnny Storm. That seems like a good choice.

Last edited:
Destin Daniel Cretton (Shang Chi director) has left the director's chair for Avengers: Kang Dynasty, leading to more speculation that Kang is being pivoted away from.

People are thinking they may be shifting to stories moving straight to Secret Wars maybe? Maybe a Secret Wars Part 1 and Part 2

Back