• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

I had grand plans to have Daredevil finished by now. But my wife caught me watching EP1 and she wants to watch it too which will drastically cut back on how fast I can watch this.

Sucks for you. My wife saw parts of E2 and E3, and quickly decided it was too violent for her tastes.

That one-shot hallway scene is one of the most impressive scenes I've seen in a TV show. Right up there with the True Detective one.

Interesting that they chose to take so long to introduce Fisk. I think that was the right call, because it makes the eventual reveal (which we won't discuss yet, I guess) carry all the more weight after only referring to him indirectly for two episodes. Just a ballsy move to essentially hold your #2 character out of 1/6th of the season.

Would a reasonable discussion schedule be 2 episodes a week? Or would that take too long?

I won't be able to start until like Wednesday this week, spoilers don't really bother me, but if it changes the viewing experience then it could.

IDK...I don't see the harm in a separate Netflix thread

Sucks for you. My wife saw parts of E2 and E3, and quickly decided it was too violent for her tastes.

She has commented that there's usually one scene per episode that's a bit too graphic. But its fun watching with her.

Our first date was on Valentine's Day to go see the Daredevil movie.

That one-shot hallway scene is one of the most impressive scenes I've seen in a TV show. Right up there with the True Detective one.

Interesting that they chose to take so long to introduce Fisk. I think that was the right call, because it makes the eventual reveal (which we won't discuss yet, I guess) carry all the more weight after only referring to him indirectly for two episodes. Just a ballsy move to essentially hold your #2 character out of 1/6th of the season.

It was a great decision. The progression of the show definitely pays off. Not really a spoiler, but I like the way they essentially compartmentalize exposition of the villains while maintaining a linear continuity.

I absolutely love the way the show is shot from lighting to wardrobe to angles and so on.

Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix (Episodes 1-2 Spoilers)

I'd say two weeks is fair for spoilers. That's an episode a day. Besides it'll be like season 3 before Ph catches up and begins mocking us while watching Luke Cage.

Last edited:
If Ph watches another episode of Gotham before starting DD, he needs a permaban.

I'd say two weeks is fair for spoilers. That's an episode a day. Besides it'll be like season 3 before Ph catches up and begins mocking us while watching Luke Cage.

Yeah. I changed the title. Episode 1-2 spoilers are fair game now. I'll add Episodes 3-4 tomorrow night.

You're not hyped to see how they build on all those Joker teases?
I think Gotham might be a pretty shitty show in general, but those dudes have kept me watching because of this kind of stuff. The whole show is one brooding, melodramatic, and inconsistent easter egg and I can't quit it.

DD is damn good so far tho.

That's a great description of Gotham. That show could have been so much better.

Does everyone (critics etc.) feel the same way?

Is it going to continue after this season?

Yeah. It got renewed in January. I think part of that is simply to hold on to the rights to make a Batman universe show. Give that up and then the CW could add a Nightwing show that is much better than Gotham.

Finally gave up on gotham. If I hear great things about an ep or the finale I can always revisit later. Just don't have the time to watch something that is so very mediocre on it's good days.

Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix (Episodes 1-2 Spoilers)

Gotham wanted to cram about three seasons worth of material into one. It's like they were unsure of what would stick so they just threw everything at the wall. No real direction, and not enough bite to keep with it. Maybe if FX had done it instead of FOX...

Gotham forgot that people typically watch shows that are good on their own not to find hints of other works.

Throughout watching Daredevil, I couldn't help but frequently contrast it with Gotham. When someone from the comics shows up, DD doesn't hit you over the head with obvious call outs.

If Matt met Melvin Potter on Gotham, no doubt a line of dialog would have said "you fight like a real gladiator!" As it is, Potter threw a saw blade at Murdock and that's all the long-time fans needed.

I do think they went beyond what was necessary with the gore in Daredevil, but other than that I've been very pleased with the show.

Back