• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

well, im interested

didn't realize Gen. Zod will be the bad guy (per Wikipedia)

Last edited:
First trailer looked kinda dumb, but the new one released today doesn't look half bad.

Using gladiator music probs helps.

that means that the acting will at least be good in the new SW movie. Lucas was the reason the acting was so bad in so many of them.

Uninspiring choice. Why not give a young, exciting director (like Duncan Jones) the chance to breath life into this franchise like Nolan did with Batman? Abrams already has Star Trek, it seems pretty redundant for him to now tackle Star Wars. At least Joss Whedon didn't get it.

An "up and comer" doesn't get Star Wars just like an "up and comer" doesn't get to coach UK or KU basketball.

As for the silly statement about Joss, I seem to remember you spooging about "Cabin in the Woods" and he had a significant role on that far beyond Producer.

An "up and comer" doesn't get Star Wars just like an "up and comer" doesn't get to coach UK or KU basketball.

As for the silly statement about Joss, I seem to remember you spooging about "Cabin in the Woods" and he had a significant role on that far beyond Producer.
No reward if they aren't willing to take the risk. We all know what Abrams can deliver. He won't take many risks.

And Joss can go fuck himself. If he directed it would be a series of set pieces that involve people standing around saying unimportant things while making sly quips, followed by a boring, unnecessarily over-edited, poorly shot action sequence. Cabin was fun, despite Whedon's "look at me, aren't I clever" dialogue.

You honesty don't think they won't be rewarded by putting Abrams in charge?

You honesty don't think they won't be rewarded by putting Abrams in charge?
Oh they will be. It was the safest choice possible. The movie will be solid, get good reviews, and I'm sure it will do great at the Box Office. I just would have liked to see them go a different route. Like I said, it just seems redundant for Abrams to take on another Sci-Fi Adventure series. Duncan Jones, Rian Johnson, guys like that would have been really exciting choices.

Very surprised to see Abrams as director....that said, I love basically everything Abrams does, so I'm excited.

Hopefully we get a well written trilogy this time.

The article linked says Favreau and Ben Affleck were hopefuls?...Affleck would have been weird.

I do enjoy Favreau though

Don't most hardcore Trekkers complain that JJ's Star Trek was too Star Wars-ey?

My understanding is JJ is a huge S W fan.

Back