• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBS ACC predictions: Guess who isn't mentioned

Why do any of y'all have a problem with us not being mentioned? We have little talent. I wouldn't mention us either. Though I am hopeful for what we might look like in 3 years.

I don't have a problem with the journalist not mentioning us. I have a problem with the powers that be putting us in a place where we aren't mentioned.

A large group of former Football players had a meeting with the AD at Duke and the AD listened to their concerns and decided to support Football more emphatically, the start being to hire an experienced head coach and give him adequate support academically( that is core courses at NCCU ). Cutcliffe turned down Tennessee several years ago because he could see improvement and had very little pressure at Duke. A good example of how athletics and academics can work together.

If I remember correctly, that alumni meeting took place in the Spring after our ACC championship.

I think for whatever reason, Wake Forest just didn't step up after we won the ACC title to try to capitalize on it. I think Grobe and coaching staff didn't take advantage of it in recruiting to the extent they could've, I think Ron Wellman make the necessary concessions we needed to stay competitive ( like football players being able and required to attend both summer sessions), I think an ACC title got people in the program fat and happy and they thought status quo was good enough. I know most of us don't like (me included) some of the comments Grobe has made since he left, but I think there's probably a lot of truth to it. However, he certainly shares in that blame. Yeah, we got the tower, we got the video board, but I think there were many other things that needed to be done. Just look at Duke, what improvements have they made to their stadium as of yet? They started with with other things like the Football center and things that the fans don't really see, but really benefits the program. Don't get me wrong, I love the tower and video board, but those things are more for show I think. Unfortunately I think it took us having to hire a new coach for Ron Wellman to realize that, as I'm sure Clawson and anyone else he talked to made it clear what needed to be changed and improved for us to have a chance to compete.

It is. As I recall, the media didn't exactly jump on our bandwagon after 2006 and 2007 but they've sure fallen in love with Duke.

Cutcliffe & Duke deserve it & we have to admit it right now. Duke is rolling and just played in the ACCT game and has some talent coming in with a good coach and some relaxed academics that is making it possible. Man, if we would just take the hint that we could do that again and not lose any academic reputation....we can be our own worst enemy. The key is to see if Duke can keep it up. We did only for 2006, 07 & 08 before Hatch & Martha Allman & Jill Tiefenthaler put an end to it.

So much of it is the division Duke is in. No program in the Coastal commands near the respect Florida State and Clemson received back then -- deserved or no.

And we were still voted second in the Atlantic in '08 and received 13 Atlantic first-place votes in '07

Hijack attempt...

Auburn has zero chance of finishing in the top 10 in the country yet people are voting for them as a top 10 team. I don't understand the logic, no chance they escape their schedule w/out at least 3-4 losses. One of the most overrated pre-season teams I can recall in awhile.

Back