• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cedar Fever

ITK

the desert dwarf
Reaction score
Apparently I have this. This is a severe allergy to cedar/juniper trees that occurs during Dec-March. Anyone else have this and got tips for me on how to deal with it?

I don't have it, but if I were you, I would go all Once-ler and cut down all the truffala trees

Ha ha. Apparently the trees are as much as 50 miles away. They pollinate through the air, but the pollen spores get picked up and blown into the atmosphere and can travel as far as 50 miles.

It must be a western thing as Cedar Fever ravages Texas this time of year as well. Pretty much everyone I know is taking claritin or something similar, or has already gotten sick. I've been coughing here and there for the last two weeks or so, but am feeling MUCH better know that I'm taking a claritin every morning.

It must be a western thing as Cedar Fever ravages Texas this time of year as well. Pretty much everyone I know is taking claritin or something similar, or has already gotten sick. I've been coughing here and there for the last two weeks or so, but am feeling MUCH better know that I'm taking a claritin every morning.

I was fine for 9 years here. Then last winter I got it and again this time. So don't be smug Brasky, it could still happen to you. And yes, my extensive googling tells me this is a TX,NM,AZ thing.

you're just feeding brasky's anti-tree campaign

I was fine for 9 years here. Then last winter I got it and again this time. So don't be smug Brasky, it could still happen to you. And yes, my extensive googling tells me this is a TX,NM,AZ thing.

Wasn't being smug boo. I got it last year, my first winter here, and have it again this year. I just started medicating the moment I realized it wasn't just some random cold.

Get dem allergy meds.

I just don't understand. I am sneezing like 200-300 times a day. I should have a 6 pack by now.

I just don't understand. I am sneezing like 200-300 times a day. I should have a 6 pack by now.

and a hernia.

find an antihistamine that works for you, preferably one of the longer acting ones that doesn't make you drowsy. they're mostly available otc now. claritin is the cheapest, but it can make people drowsy if taken at effective doses (the u.s. dosage of 10mg was purposefully kept low so that it could advertised as non-drowsy). take it once a day, irrespective of how you're feeling - by the time you've started itching and sneezing, you've waited too long.

It's probably the pregnancy which had made your immune system vulnerable enough to finally catch it.

Start taking a Claritin daily. It will take a few days to catch up, but eventually you'll feel much better.

Sounds like you need to move somewhere far away. Chapel Hill perhaps? There is room in the Bungalow.

I take Claritan and Benadryl. I started Flonase last night.

Sounds like brasky is weak like a little child

The thing is, Claritan and Benadryl stop working rather quickly.

What kind of birth control are you taking? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: ITK
a) I definitely thought this thread was going to be something sexual
b) ClaritinD has worked well for me with random seasonal allergies
c) Aren't sneezes supposed to be like 1/8th of an orgasm or something? I feel like that was a 'weird science' fact somewhere along the way... 200 sneezes a day, eh? :naughty:

Sent the Chief a picture of some suspect trees right outside my office. They are cedar trees. Mystery solved.

Back