• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cedar Fever

I tested as severely allergic to palo verde, mesquite, Arizona ash, mountain cedar, olive trees, Cyprus, and eucalyptus. Luckily, they've just planted olive trees around my building and I have been given my very own epipen!

Rough. I'm really allergic to a lot of tree pollen too and it manifests itself with an allergy to a lot of raw fruits and vegetables. Doctor said there's nothing to do but take Claritin or something of that sort to mitigate.

Cedar is unlike any allergy I've ever dealt with. It feels like getting the flu for the first couple of days. Can't advise on how to treat it because I usually just suffer through it. But I pretty much expect to deal with it for a week in December every year since I've lived in Texas. After the first wave, it doesn't really bother me the rest of the season.

I'm allergic to cedar sap. Last year, we had a cedar tree fall during an ice storm. Cutting it down left me with the worst rashes on my arms for nearly two weeks. It looked like horrible poison ivy. Some people react to cedar like that.

Rough. I'm really allergic to a lot of tree pollen too and it manifests itself with an allergy to a lot of raw fruits and vegetables. Doctor said there's nothing to do but take Claritin or something of that sort to mitigate.

This is me. Raw apple is the worst...tongue and lip swelling and itching. So annoying.

Cedar is unlike any allergy I've ever dealt with. It feels like getting the flu for the first couple of days. Can't advise on how to treat it because I usually just suffer through it. But I pretty much expect to deal with it for a week in December every year since I've lived in Texas. After the first wave, it doesn't really bother me the rest of the season.

It really is awful. I've had allergies to trees anywhere I have lived, doctor said the only place I would be ok is Antarctica or a boat in the middle of the ocean.

Flonase, incidentally, is supposed to be available over the counter starting sometime next month. It has helped me considerably, but I can't speak to if it will help your specific allergies.

Flonase, incidentally, is supposed to be available over the counter starting sometime next month. It has helped me considerably, but I can't speak to if it will help your specific allergies.

I've got a script now for the generic and so far, so good (been 2 days). According to my doctor its over the counter now, but nobody is selling it yet (what?). I know Amazon says Feb 8.

I'm not allergic to anything. Just wanted to add that to the thread.

Oh, and I have an unreal immune system, haven't had a cold in a few years, and the last time I had the flu was a minor case that day that guy landed that jet in the Hudson River, I remember.

good luck

gotta keep that body humming along with a perfect mix. the keith richards plan.

Back