• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charleston Dining/Attractions

I did find myself a bit put out at dinner at FIG on Saturday night. At the next table there was a porky lady wearing a ballcap and short athletic shorts. Why do nice restaurants that are in high demand let people like that inside the door ?

I did find myself a bit put out at dinner at FIG on Saturday night. At the next table there was a porky lady wearing a ballcap and short athletic shorts. Why do nice restaurants that are in high demand let people like that inside the door ?

Did his comfortable attire ruin your meal sweetheart?

Because when you tell some assclown to take their hat off, or enforce a dress code, you end up with a dishonest 1 Star yelp review. Yelp is awful and makes the world a worse place.

I think its been 4 years since I have been to Charleston (despite being 3 hours away) but it is what it is.

Where is good these days w/o having to put up with a ton (I can handle some) of goofy tourists?

They took the bleachers out two years ago.

I think its been 4 years since I have been to Charleston (despite being 3 hours away) but it is what it is.

Where is good these days w/o having to put up with a ton (I can handle some) of goofy tourists?
Blind Tiger, go in back have a beer, watch some football. Buffalo cheese curds are pretty good.

I'm interested in this as well - planning a trip for next fall. I've visited Charleston, but not in years and years so any tips/advice on restaurants, attractions and preferred areas to stay is greatly appreciated.

I've gotten recommendations for Vern's recently. Anybody been there ?

Thumbs up for Philosophia in Mount Pleasant. Greek place at Patriots Plaza on Houston Northcutt Blvd.

Gillie’s Seafood on Folly Road. Soul food place with outstanding shrimp, fish and pork chops.

It's been a while, but Jalisco was very good when I was last in Charleston.

Back