• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlie Harrison R.I.P.

Played with Harrison a lot at the gym. Guy was absolutely lights out in pick up - filled it up from everywhere and let everyone know about it. He had some great flashes at Wake but never found consistency. Sad he is gone.

I remember that Charlie hit a half court shot right before halftime , I think against Clemson. He also scored twenty something points in his WFU debut and Wake later had to forfeit the game because the exam schedule wasn't over yet and he technically wasn't eligible for another day or two. That sucked.

Very sad. RIP Charlie Mo.

Wish there had been a few more details in the article. Where did Harrison live? What had he been doing since leaving WF? Family? Sincerest condolences to all his loved ones.

This is sad news. Makes me feel very old. Like RJ level old.

The 94 game against KU still bugs me. Tree had just an awful game. Something like 1-12 or 2-14 from the field. Missed a lot of shots that were usually there for him. That was the difference.

Yeah - I think Rich was the most highly regarded of that group by far but got homesick and went back to SE FL before his first season ended. Fitzgibbons had some hype in that he broke all of Christian Laettner's scoring records at whatever private school they both went to up in the Buffalo area, and I believe Wake beat out some decent schools to sign him, but I don't think he lasted more than 2 years at Wake. Castle was supposed to be a flashy NYC guard but never played with much consistency and also transferred after a couple of seasons.

I don't recall Canty being that highly regarded nor getting injured in HS - though I could be totally wrong about that. I did go see him play a game his senior season of high school (Independence vs East Meck I believe), and I wasn't overly impressed. He wasn't terrible - just didn't dominate average high schoolers like you would expect a future ACC player to do. Pretty good shooter, slight of build, and fairly average athleticism. If I'm not mistaken, he was a very good student and ultimately quit the Wake team to just concentrate on his studies. So basically the only one of that class to actually play 4 years was Rusty - who went on a football scholarship and was pretty much on after thought for that class. I still remember that the Poop Sheet had him rated as the absolute lowest recruit of all the incoming ACC recruits that year. And then the dude ended up playing in the NBA.

I saw him in an all-star game at the 5 Star Camp at Radford. Your impressions match mine. He had the skinniest legs of any athlete I'd seen.

Way too young. RIP Charlie.

In New York City at least, there have been a number of mostly men who have been DOA on emergency calls with heart attacks. Many had recently tested positive for COVID or had considered themselves COVID positive without testing due to their symptoms. Some have been listed as COVID-related deaths, others not.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/05/200515115644.htm

Very sad news.

Wish there had been a few more details in the article. Where did Harrison live? What had he been doing since leaving WF? Family? Sincerest condolences to all his loved ones.

Sorry I don't have that info. I believe he lived around the DC/NoVa area.

A 7-minute phone call with Odom and the tweets was all I had to work with. I reached out to Randolph, but he was pretty devastated and didn't want to talk.

I had the same thought when I read it. He lived in DC and was the head basketball coach at Cardozo High. He posted pics of his three (I think) daughters on Facebook a lot. We were drinking buddies in college but had lost touch since then. Since he died a lot of my football teammates and basketball buddies have been reaching out to recommit ourselves to staying better in touch. Life is fleeting. RIP Charlie Mo

Back