• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte dining recommendation

RevDeac06

OGBoards Chaplain
Reaction score
Searched for thread on this, but didn't see one.

Going to a stage production of CS Lewis' The Great Divorce in a few weeks in Charlotte. It's at the Knight Theater at 430 South Tryon. We want to get dinner after the show at a fairly nice place, preferably within walking distance from there. Thanks ahead of time.

Searched for thread on this, but didn't see one.

Going to a stage production of CS Lewis' The Great Divorce in a few weeks in Charlotte. It's at the Knight Theater at 430 South Tryon. We want to get dinner after the show at a fairly nice place, preferably within walking distance from there. Thanks ahead of time.

I have never eaten there, but the Mimosa Grill is right there. I think it's about a block away, if that. It's supposed to be good.

Go to kings kitchen I think you would dig it. Good southern fair with a churchy type thing going on

I'd skip Mimosa. Halcyon is good - next door in the Mint Museum. Kings Kitchen is upscale southern food, staffed by homeless people - a Jim Noble concept. Ruths Chris and Flemings are a couple of blocks away. Bentleys is pricey but good and with a good view of the city. e2 - Emeril's new place - is open across the street from the theater. There are some good options in the Epicentre - 2-3 blocks away and an easy walk. BLT is in the Ritz - not my favorite but others seem to like it. And Luce is a favorite italian place - probably a 4-5 block walk but it's delicious.

I'd skip Mimosa. Halcyon is good - next door in the Mint Museum. Kings Kitchen is upscale southern food, staffed by homeless people - a Jim Noble concept. Ruths Chris and Flemings are a couple of blocks away. Bentleys is pricey but good and with a good view of the city. e2 - Emeril's new place - is open across the street from the theater. There are some good options in the Epicentre - 2-3 blocks away and an easy walk. BLT is in the Ritz - not my favorite but others seem to like it. And Luce is a favorite italian place - probably a 4-5 block walk but it's delicious.

Should I pass on trying Mimosa's at all? I've heard good things but we've never gone.

i would have it pretty far down my list. it feels like an upscale applebees to me.

Thanks all, some really good looking options. Will take a look at the menus and pick one.

Halcyon is probably your best bet over there if you are going for upscale and unique. I would also have Mimosa pretty far down the list. King's Kitchen doesn't do much for me, a little overpriced and the food is meh. I also don't like that the menu just gives the name and not any description (like Roosters). 5 Church is good but not as upscale and will be a younger crowd.

http://www.kingskitchen.org/

by the guy that has a few very good very popular places around like roosters etc

King's Kitchen is cool, not for profit restaurant that helps provide employment opportunities for folks looking for a "new start" with solid southern cuisine. Jim Noble also owns Noble's in W-S.

I would also take a look at Harvest Moon Grille. If you are feeling really fancy The Capital Grille and BLT Steak are both right around that area too.

Google maps shows 0.3 miles, is that wrong?

posted via Note 2

Yeah, I was speaking relatively with regard to Uptown locations, it is a few blocks. But as someone who walks there regularly with women in heels, you may hear some complaints. Especially if it is cold at night, as it is like a wind vortex between the buildings.

Back