• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte dining recommendation

McNinch House might be a good option for upscale and unique.

e2 - Emeril's restaurant is right on that same block. I was pleased with it during restaurant week, New Orleans themed, upscale.

Halcyon is probably your best bet over there if you are going for upscale and unique. I would also have Mimosa pretty far down the list. King's Kitchen doesn't do much for me, a little overpriced and the food is meh. I also don't like that the menu just gives the name and not any description (like Roosters). 5 Church is good but not as upscale and will be a younger crowd.[/QUOTE]

I ate at 5 Church recently and thought it was very good.

Have had very good meals at both Aria and e2. Have fun.

Capital Grille for nice expensive
Basil Thai for yummy pad thai
King's Kitchen for southern
Dandelion for tapas and beer

I like Aria much better than Blue. Homemade pasta! Never been to E2. Bentley's is my favorite. Much better than the upscale chains. 5 Church and King's Kitchen are meh and way overrated. I'd probably go to Aria, as I think it's the best bang for your buck and isn't too far of a walk. As much as I love Bentley's it's a bit pricey :(

I've never really been a big fan of Blue. Always thought they were over priced for the food they gave you. Same with Kings Kitchen. If you like Mexican food I've always really like Vida in the Epicenter. Also would second the recommendation for Bentley's on 27. Foods great and has probably the best views in the city.

Back