• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread

don't really love the best-of-three format for this round

think the traditional home and away with aggregate score is much better

don't really love the best-of-three format for this round

think the traditional home and away with aggregate score is much better
I think I actually prefer this over aggregate, but I'm not sure you need penalties unless it is the final match of the series. Aggregate ends up with teams holding back whereas in this teams have no reason not to go all out if down a goal. Unfortunately the away teams were mostly terrible so far.

but also doesn't reward a team like KC for winning 4-1 instead of 2-1
I'm ok with that I guess. Should result in more goals across all games instead of teams being cagey about goal differential. We'll see - I don't love the overall format either way. The regular season, like most US sports, has unfortunately become fairly meaningless and not celebrated enough.

I love the best of three format. It should create more attacking soccer and ensure stronger teams advance more often than not.

i might actually like the best-of-three when the dust settles

i'm just annoyed at the fraud that is STL this year and want them eliminated and the traditional format would better ensure that

Kai Wagner allegedly made racist comments to Bobby Wood, apparently not realizing Wood lived in Germany for years and speaks German. Whoops.

i might actually like the best-of-three when the dust settles

i'm just annoyed at the fraud that is STL this year and want them eliminated and the traditional format would better ensure that

Well, KC looked so much better than them last night that it’s hard to imagine them winning two straight.

Cucho is so good. Really like this Columbus team's chances to make a run.

I have no idea how good Ndembe actually is, but he looks like a world class LB against STL.

In the minor leagues NCFC beat Charlotte Independence to win USL 1 tonight. Small revenge for Tepper stealing MLS From Raleigh. Asshole.

Really don't understand Phil Neville being hired by Portland. He's been pretty poor in each of his head coach stints.

Back