• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chase Fischer

just pointing out that our beloved SoCal eccentric can be a lightning rod on the Interwebz.

The guy is a cunt that spouts nonsense. Then he acts completely offended when you throw said nonsense in his face.

RJKarl plays the victim at all times. It's pathetic. It's annoying. It's..... expected.

Attack RJKarl and see what happens. I bet he frames the argument that he is the victim. 100 : 1.

At least this thread is no longer about ripping chase.

I have maintained from the early season that we have two D-1 players in CJ and Travis, Chase may be a third, and after last night(I know it was Wofford) Ty may be a D-1 player this year. I was impressed with his bounds and effort. Even the "bad decision" by Tony to go half court to Ty down the lane showed Ty's hustle.

There are over 300 D-I basketball programs, with at least 10 scholarship players on each roster that's 3,000 D-I players. So we are saying that our roster has two or three players in the top 3,000 and the rest are 3,001 and below?

I just think that's a lot of territory to cover.

I'm not really upset with Chase because
1. He's a freshman and freshman are streaky in all aspects of their game
2. It's too much to ask a freshman like Chase to take on the load scoring-wise and across the board that people are expecting him to
3. He's had good games so far this season
4. He's hustled

The shots will fall, he's just going through a cold spell. I wish we ran (BZ COACHED) more plays to get Chase open on the perimeter because part of getting out of a cold spell comes from hitting open shots instead of being expected to hit heavily contested ones

I have no worries about Chase. The kid is the real deal, and he'll be fine. Like someone else said, he is the least of our worries right now.

I'm really disappointed with Carson's lack of development. While not commenting on whether it's the player or coach's fault, I thought he'd be much further along than he is. All I've seen so far is that he's slow, can't jump, struggles to secure rebounds, and has no post moves. Seems like another case of an overrated high school player who isn't athletic enough to be a force at this level.

Have to agree. If he couldn't take advantage of his size advantage last night, when will he ever contribute?

Chase is struggling right now, without a doubt. His turnovers are more of a concern to me than his shooting. I expect (and hope) both will improve sooner rather than later.

However, he is an outstanding leader and a very positive influence within the team. You would never guess he was a freshman ... who doesnt start ... who is struggling ...

That is impressive to me.
I will say, with regards to the turnovers: When Chase was killing it earlier this year, the one thing that worried me was his propensity to throw random cross court passes. I'm a little terrified of what's going to happen if he tries that shit during ACC play.

Back