• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate’s opening monologue was pretty good last night. Anyone watch the rest of the episode?

Nate’s opening monologue was pretty good last night. Anyone watch the rest of the episode?
It was a solid B episode. Nate was ok for me...maybe I'm just not that familiar with him. Chef Show was funny though predictable. Lake Beach and Washington's Speech were probably my favorite skits last night. Weekend Update was pretty good; any time Sarah Sherman is roasting Colin, I'm enjoying it. Foo Fighters were predictably good. The hallmark horror / halloween skits were ok. Dawg food short to close was pretty funny to me - I generally appreciate what those guys are trying to do.

any cool areas between St Louis area and Asheville for 24 hours on a road trip? would be southwest Kentucky area, most of central and western Tennessee, and far western NC

looking mostly for small towns, state parks, weird attractions for a road trip through Southern Illinois over to Haywood County -- willing to go a few hours off the most direct route

have done Chattanooga, Nashville, and Knoxville already

Hoping I’m doing the right thing by switching my sights to basketball early.
bd617c9fb7e38687add66b701e9bc55e.jpg

any cool areas between St Louis area and Asheville for 24 hours on a road trip? would be southwest Kentucky area, most of central and western Tennessee, and far western NC

looking mostly for small towns, state parks, weird attractions for a road trip through Southern Illinois over to Haywood County -- willing to go a few hours off the most direct route

I’ve heard Harlan is nice

Mammoth cave NP outta the way?

Not sure what you’re looking for, but if you want a musical stop, Bristol is the birthplace of country music (first recorded music sessions in 1927). There’s a museum connected to the Smithsonian. You can also check out Carter’s Fold, a music venue owned by the AP Carter family (think June Carter Cash and the Carter family). Some good hiking around there, Abigdon is close (Creeper trail, Martha Washington Inn, Barter Theatre).

Eat at Pal’s

Bays Mountain (and planetarium!!) state park is decent.

Some decent caves as well.

Not sure what you’re looking for, but if you want a musical stop, Bristol is the birthplace of country music (first recorded music sessions in 1927). There’s a museum connected to the Smithsonian. You can also check out Carter’s Fold, a music venue owned by the AP Carter family (think June Carter Cash and the Carter family). Some good hiking around there, Abigdon is close (Creeper trail, Martha Washington Inn, Barter Theatre).

Eat at Pal’s

Bays Mountain (and planetarium!!) state park is decent.

Some decent caves as well.
Yeah actually this is a pretty great rec. get up to Grayson Highlands too.

Yeah actually this is a pretty great rec. get up to Grayson Highlands too.
love Grayson highlands bit SWVA Defs out of the way for this route

first stop is Garden of the Gods in southern Illinois and final destination is Maggie Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back