• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only use my car once or twice a week, it's pretty sweet. I went about six months without a permanent car once and that would have totally been doable had I had a washer/dryer at my place at the time. I kind of liked it, but groceries and laundry were tough. Other things like rides to the airport, longer trips, were more just an annoyance to deal with.

But I like living in a town where it is a legit option to go without these things.

El Chupe — Went to Cat’s Cradle last Tuesday to see Mt Joy. First time out there, pretty good time but the main act didn’t go on until 9:15 #old. Had a great dinner at Provence down the street beforehand. Highly recommended.

I loved living the no car lifestyle. Definitely sucks to have to drive everywhere even if most things are relatively close. Have started riding my bike a lot more places (farmers market, grocery store, whatever) and have been enjoying that. Will be even better now with the weather cooling off. Also sucks that we bought 3 cars all at the same time so we went from zero payments to a ton overnight.

why the hell do you need three cars if you don't have kids old enough to drive?

why the hell do you need three cars if you don't have kids old enough to drive?

Well we don’t need 3 but still decided to pull the trigger so...yeah. Not so much a complaint as a shock to the system after 5 years of not having a car at all.

A great complaint from suburbia is folks freaking out about overnight car break-ins. Bruh, you have a 2 car garage put your cars in there. Oh sure maybe a handful of you have more than 2 cars but most of you have just amassed way too much shit so you store it in the garage.

after street parking in DC and thankfully never having a break-in I'm pretty good about never leaving much in my car. my cousin had her car broken in to because there was a Target bag with trash in it on her backseat.

it was very illuminating running the "how many TVs do you have" poll

We just joined the two TV club #incline

BUT we have Spectrum for cable which is most decidedly #decline

biff how many cars do you have

Zero. We have a Jeep and an SUV.

But my house was built before everybody had a car so I don't have a garage. So I've gotten really good at locking my car because well over 99% of the local thieves just hit the unlocked cars. Also, I leave the doors off the Jeep for days or weeks at a time and just don't leave anything in ther that I can't afford to lose.

Zero. We have a Jeep and an SUV.

giphy.gif

Ugh 4th straight year I think we’ve had our internet line inadvertently cut by some joker either installing a line or plugging their yard. #fwp

seeing maggie rogers tonight, wife is taking me, is she good?

Our bedroom tv shit out about a month ago. We haven't replaced it, and don't really miss it. As far as cars go, we live 20 miles from where we work, and would be hit multiple times if we tried to ever bike anywhere, so that's not an option. You gonna be using that car mucho more once you pop out some chillun, too, Townie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back