• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juice's kids gonna be watering the crops with Gatorade if we aren't careful.

yeah, dads are worthless unless mom isn't around. i did feel pretty bad when my daughter asked me to do her hair for school the other day and the best i could do was a 3/4 ass ponytail

Yeah I have no guilt in sending them to mom for braids. With regard to the tantrums, it’s the things I basically do anyway or that either of us can easily do that she freaks out until mommy does them. But if mommy is not around she is a perfect angel when I do them. Manipulative. Not to mention the mental torture she puts my oldest through.

Yeah I have no guilt in sending them to mom for braids. With regard to the tantrums, it’s the things I basically do anyway or that either of us can easily do that she freaks out until mommy does them. But if mommy is not around she is a perfect angel when I do them. Manipulative. Not to mention the mental torture she puts my oldest through.

Yeah. Days where I do the 4yo’s hair before daycare, she goes to school struggling.

Yeah. Days where I do the 4yo’s hair before daycare, she goes to school struggling.

Buzz cut a la 2000s Brit Brit?

58a5fdde280000c63a999562.jpeg

It’s callous as fuck, but if you’ve ever said that the US is currently making Idiocracy look like a documentary, you’re basically saying the same thing, right?

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv

No I wasn't arguing against any of his specific points. My dad's a geneticist, I definitely understand the arguments he's making. But also adoption is good, and you're not a cuck simply for suggesting that you'd be willing to consider it or even that you might prefer it. I'm as uncomfortable with the "continuation of bloodlines" argument for procreation as I am with any forced family planning policy like China's one child policy. People's decisions about children are deeply personal and shouldn't be made so generic, in my opinion.

Jesus, this thread turned into everything a man can desire. Good work GTB, as always.

As far as my baby, sounds like I have between 1.5 - 3 yrs before I'll enjoy my child...Cool with that...Just gotta keep the wife happy and do my part when called on.

You sound like a great dad.

El Chupe — Went to Cat’s Cradle last Tuesday to see Mt Joy. First time out there, pretty good time but the main act didn’t go on until 9:15 #old. Had a great dinner at Provence down the street beforehand. Highly recommended.

Nice. Yeah, I like hitting up Provence from time to time for the fancy.

I actually prefer the Cradle's Back Room these days. I am also an old. I had tickets to see Whitney a couple of weeks ago, but got a message that their bus had trouble and they would not be starting until 10 and that was all it took for me to just stay on my couch.

Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a tv

No I wasn't arguing against any of his specific points. My dad's a geneticist, I definitely understand the arguments he's making. But also adoption is good, and you're not a cuck simply for suggesting that you'd be willing to consider it or even that you might prefer it. I'm as uncomfortable with the "continuation of bloodlines" argument for procreation as I am with any forced family planning policy like China's one child policy. People's decisions about children are deeply personal and shouldn't be made so generic, in my opinion.

That makes sense. I’m often dumb and my reading comprehension skills can be lacking. From a purely personal perspective, if you are gonna adopt, do it as early as possible. We adopted my sister from a fucked up situation at 2, and the trauma she suffered prior to that made her life, and by extension the life of my parents, very difficult

when I reread my post it does come across kind of shitty. To clarify, I love my child, but just don't think I'll be balls deep into parenthood until I hear dada or see some smiles.

That first time you get the “I recognize you” smile, you’ll be good, bro. When they get old enough to say dada and run to you when you get home, you’ll wonder what you did before you had em.

when I reread my post it does come across kind of shitty. To clarify, I love my child, but just don't think I'll be balls deep into parenthood until I hear dada or see some smiles.

Your post wasn't shitty.

Secret to life is expectations. If we sit here and blow a rainbow up your ass about how much more awesome your kid is going to be this year, that's a disservice to you.

I'm a new dad and am hoping I have that perspective ultimately. As of now, I find it hard not still wanting to get out of the house and get selfishly drunk, or watch football all day and not do anything productive. Granted, the kid isn't even old enough to smile yet, other than the fake fart/poop smiles. Hoping here soon when I see a smile or two that I'll forget about anything else and just become infatuated with the little one.

Yeah, took me until about 1-1.5 years to get there.

I mean, you love them right away, but when they can interact it really takes off.

For me, at least.

God, there is little in this world more painful to watch than bad high school soccer.

the very brief time I was teaching included attending a 5th/6th grade volleyball match

worst sporting even I've ever seen

only once in the three set match was the ball returned to the serving team in play

the very brief time I was teaching included attending a 5th/6th grade volleyball match

worst sporting even I've ever seen

only once in the three set match was the ball returned to the serving team in play

Woof.

Yeah Palma, there's good soccer. There's even good high school soccer.

Both of these things are true. But it is definitely not what I am watching right now.

Truly unfortunate, friend. Do you get the feeling in your guts that's like, "fuck, this is so bad. If only I could go down there and just...help"? It's hard to describe, it's like I want them to grow and do better, but at the same time, I want them to stop being so fucking terrible. But I always just shut the fuck up, as is tradition.

I coach a U6 and help with a a U9. We're all about having fun and team building, but during the U9 games, it takes active effort on my part to just be positive and not overly stress about position/passing/skills. Like, we do that in practice, but I feel like at games at that level it's still more important for it to be about "fun" and confidence building.

At the high school level, I watch bad games and it's much more, "fuck, most of these guys should have figured this shit out by now."

I coached high school soccer for 15 years before kids and dropping it to focus solely on basketball and AD duties. I’ve seen a lot of shit soccer, and coached my fair share of it. The coaching perspective makes it even harder I think. The fitness of the officials is what I’m losing it over now. The center hasn’t left a 10 yard radius all night because he’s too fat to do anything but waddle, and he’s the looks like a marathon runner compared to the ARs. And I sign the goddamn checks.

I coached high school soccer for 15 years before kids and dropping it to focus solely on basketball and AD duties. I’ve seen a lot of shit soccer, and coached my fair share of it. The coaching perspective makes it even harder I think. The fitness of the officials is what I’m losing it over now. The center hasn’t left a 10 yard radius all night because he’s too fat to do anything but waddle, and he’s the looks like a marathon runner compared to the ARs. And I sign the goddamn checks.

Fuck.

Man, good officials can seriously make all the difference. We had a U9 game last week where the teen who was over the game was just so perfect. He let the kids play, let a few hand balls on each side go when possession was obvious. He was super 'fun-oriented.' Make sure everyone had their gear on before the game, very conscious of him to come over after the game and thank both coaching teams for being supportive. Really made a great impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back