• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad...OOPS

Doc Watson used to play at The Main Point in Bryn Mawr almost every year.

This post pisses me off even more than you being a cocksucker about Taxis

Let's wash that shit out with a rad fucking video.

^ There is such emotion and awesome commentary on this video.

My father grew up in Todd, NC, outside of Boone, and played a little guitar with Doc back in the day... Or at least so he told us... He (my father) did have his own country music radio show for a little while - that was probably in the '50s.

buddy from wake used to talk about some awesome drugs at merlefest. is it just dry in the sense they don't sell alcohol? or strictly prohibited on the site?

buddy from wake used to talk about some awesome drugs at merlefest. is it just dry in the sense they don't sell alcohol? or strictly prohibited on the site?

I think both? I know they don't sell it. I went with my in-laws and they def wouldn't want to bring any in. I guess I coulda brought a flask, but I'd rather drink beer when watching a show.

I've told this story before but the above mentioned buddy of mine from wake had gone to merlefest every year and it was always the highlight of his year (partially cause of the sweet drogas). it turned out that merlefest was the same week as exams and he was talking about how much that sucks. then he said something like, oh well, guess i'm missing my exams. and sure enough he did.

Is the person you referring to from Wilkesboro? I know someone from there who did the exact same thing during his short tenure at Wake.

I've told this story before but the above mentioned buddy of mine from wake had gone to merlefest every year and it was always the highlight of his year (partially cause of the sweet drogas). it turned out that merlefest was the same week as exams and he was talking about how much that sucks. then he said something like, oh well, guess i'm missing my exams. and sure enough he did.

This guy parties.

i received a roomba competitor (a eufy RoboVac) as a gift last week and I gotta say, I love that little guy

It's pretty wild. When I worked at WFDD as an undergrad, Paul Brown was the station manager/news guy, and he had an old-time show. I knew he played banjo, but I didn't know he PLAYED banjo. He of course went on to being a prime NPR morning news guy rotating with others after (NC native) Carl Kassel retired, or around then, but now I'm going through all these records and he's all over them. We even have his own collection here. I should have done more with my radio time.

He brought back the show from 2016-2018; churned out 158 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back