• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, I’m in fucking Wilkes County. I have no room to shit on anyone’s residential choices. And can we fly RJ in for this lunch?

Dude, I’m in fucking Wilkes County. I have no room to shit on anyone’s residential choices. And can we fly RJ in for this lunch?

RJ is guest of honor. I want more retarded hot takes like, "Uber/Lyft should be regulated like taxi's are so that Uber/Lyft drivers will be as hygienic/good/friendly as taxi drivers." Because that's something that everyone wants and needs.

Also, sorry about how terrible where you live is. I had to work in Wilkesboro for like, 2 days when I worked for Lowe's. That's where I learned that you could suck-start a 9mm. I guess that's a cool thing to do there, since there's so much else to do.

If you are going bring me up, at least don't lie about what I said.

I ate dinner in N Wilkesboro before the Blue Ridge Relay. I had spaghetti with meatballs and it was edible. I didn’t die.

What did you say?

There is no reason why rideshare drivers/companies shouldn't pay the same fees and taxes that traditional cab companies do. There's also no reason why rideshare drivers and companies shouldn't be regulated and licensed like the cab/limo providers they are.

Should small food processing companies be excluded from complying with health regulations?

If you have a duplex, live in one side and rent the other, should you be excluded from regulation for safety and health laws?

Bullshit! If you have pleasant car and driver (as well as a huge amount of advertising), your paying those expenses should be irrelevant. In fact, being fully vetted and licensed should give those who provide a better experience a huge competitive advantage.

i've never had a licensed cab driven experience that was better than an uber or lyft but i've had plenty of the opposite

Then, you shouldn't be worried if they have to follow logical regulations.

Using your logic, restaurants shouldn't have to follow health regulations if you like their food.

Using your logic, elevators shouldn't have to be inspected as you haven't crashed in one.

The fact that Uber/Lyft provide better, more pleasant service would keep them as better competitors if they had to follow the same rules cabs, shuttles and limos do.

But I never said anything like this, ""Uber/Lyft should be regulated like taxi's are so that Uber/Lyft drivers will be as hygienic/good/friendly as taxi drivers.""

To put quotes on your post is a lie.

Yesterday, RJ argued that tech companies aren't really that big of a deal to the California economy and that taxi cab companies need to be protected or that we need to be protected from Uber/Lyft, or something.

But I never said anything like this, ""Uber/Lyft should be regulated like taxi's are so that Uber/Lyft drivers will be as hygienic/good/friendly as taxi drivers.""

To put quotes on your post is a lie.

But who would do that, RJ? You really think someone would do that, just go on the Internet and tell lies?

Defending taxi cabs against Uber/lyft is such a Trump move. Good job RJ.

Gotta be some good old time music in Wilkes County, right? Or is it purely moonshinin' racin' country? Those all seem like they should go together. I should look up to see if we have any dope Wilkes County jamz.

Gotta be some good old time music in Wilkes County, right? Or is it purely moonshinin' racin' country? Those all seem like they should go together. I should look up to see if we have any dope Wilkes County jamz.

There's some definite good music here. Kruger Brothers are really solid, but if you are looking for the country music historical royalty you've gotta go up to Ashe for Grayson and Whittier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back