• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 120: It's Tuesday - Most Productive Day of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that you think of the Joel and groves as "major sports venues". May as well throw the dash field in too.

I haven't verified, but according to SCD, the basement reno has turned the basement into a separate bar basically w/ only 4 draft bearz and way less bottles (you have to go around to what used to be that backdoor?), and they only have darts down there. And he said they've gotten rid of one of the foosball tables and moved the other upstairs to where the booth next to the bar used to be. BUT they also serve liquor now at Tate's prices I think both at the upstairs and downstairs bars (again, according to SCD, I don't think he was trolling me though).

And any best bars that doesn't include SINGLE BROS isn't right.

I haven't verified, but according to SCD, the basement reno has turned the basement into a separate bar basically (you have to go around to what used to be that backdoor?), and they only have darts down there. And he said they've gotten rid of one of the foosball tables and moved the other upstairs to where the booth next to the bar used to be. BUT they also serve liquor now at Tate's prices (again, according to SCD, I don't think he was trolling me though).

i don't like single bros because it takes too long to order a drink and the bathroom situation is garbage

i do like shotgunning bearz with the twins there and making everyone else feel uncomfortable

I'm basically resigned to the fact that both Winston and Wake are significantly different than when I graduated (and even from when I last visited in 2008). I am prepared to feel old.

Is Midtown still any good? We used to love that place. Big Buckaroo!

I'm basically resigned to the fact that both Winston and Wake are significantly different than when I graduated (and even from when I last visited in 2008). I am prepared to feel old.

Is Midtown still any good? We used to love that place. Big Buckaroo!

if you don't black out while carrying the "bug" on your hip you are officially ancient.

i don't like single bros because it takes too long to order a drink and the bathroom situation is garbage

i do like shotgunning bearz with the twins there and making everyone else feel uncomfortable

Yeah, but the taking a long time is part of the appeal, can't beat tecate + whiskey shot.

you guys let me tell you how excited i am about going somewhere where happy hour doesn't exist

finnies is probs the only bar I mostly avoid right now, tbh, but i understand the appeal from #hoodrathuntingbrews perspective.

I'm coming in early thursday and staying with my brother and kids but probably want to head out early Friday and go walk around Wake a bit, but seems like most people aren't getting in until 6, what's a good place to go by myself for a few hours after checking out the campus, just hang at Shortys or something?

we're doing a BBQ friday night at someone's house near Fox and the Hound, at least that place is still around. I imagine we'll want to get some outback cheese fries after the game then, please tell me that is still around.

I think the one over the hill is still open, but the one on Sunset has been gone for many years.

MY BAD...I thought you were talking about CA...

finnies is probs the only bar I mostly avoid right now, tbh, but i understand the appeal from #hoodrathuntingbrews perspective.

opie is cool.

it will be a bunch of alums there, no doubt. at least on saturday night.

i will just be #salty about how expensive the beers are.

I haven't verified, but according to SCD, the basement reno has turned the basement into a separate bar basically w/ only 4 draft bearz and way less bottles (you have to go around to what used to be that backdoor?), and they only have darts down there. And he said they've gotten rid of one of the foosball tables and moved the other upstairs to where the booth next to the bar used to be. BUT they also serve liquor now at Tate's prices I think both at the upstairs and downstairs bars (again, according to SCD, I don't think he was trolling me though).

DAFUQ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back