• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 122: Buckets is AWESOME

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Washington Post has been doing stories all week (starting with last Sunday's magazine) about millenials and how they have changed the city. There was a quiz in the Express today (the free commuter newspaper) to help you figure out whether you were a millenial or not. (it's at the bottom of this story)

It put me in Gen X, which I never really thought I was (born in 1981 - but cassette, 90210, telephone, and Clueless were all definitely my answers). I thought I was something between X and Millenial.
they had an article earlier in the week about how Farragut Square is now millenials' favorite food court. guess where all the young peeps in our office (me included) went for lunch today?

The Washington Post has been doing stories all week (starting with last Sunday's magazine) about millenials and how they have changed the city. There was a quiz in the Express today (the free commuter newspaper) to help you figure out whether you were a millenial or not. (it's at the bottom of this story)

It put me in Gen X, which I never really thought I was (born in 1981 - but cassette, 90210, telephone, and Clueless were all definitely my answers). I thought I was something between X and Millenial.

it actually put me in between Gen X and Millenial (cassette, the OC, AOL, Clueless) but i'm DEFINITELY a millennial.

they had an article earlier in the week about how Farragut Square is now millenials' favorite food court. guess where all the young peeps in our office (me included) went for lunch today?

Franklin square or gtfo. :p

Funny, Lady Deac and I are the same age but I have always considered myself GenX.

The worst part about this millenial shit is how much people talk about it. Stuff changes, get used to it old people.

Funny, Lady Deac and I are the same age but I have always considered myself GenX.

I guess I just was never sure. At times I thought I was the end of Gen X. At times Gen Y (although you don't see that term much now). I never thought of myself as Millenial, but that article indicates that some people give the Millenial range up to 34 or 36, which would obviously include me/us. Or just lost somewhere in between...

Why have young people in Japan stopped having sex?
A survey earlier this year by the Japan Family Planning Association (JFPA) found that 45% of women aged 16-24 "were not interested in or despised sexual contact". More than a quarter of men felt the same way.
:eek:
Aoyama cites one man in his early 30s, a virgin, who can't get sexually aroused unless he watches female robots on a game similar to Power Rangers.
This is what the tall girl in this picture says. It sucks, cause she's pretty hot. :(
Young-women-shopping-in-T-008.jpg

Asada, who studied economics, has no interest in love. "I gave up dating three years ago. I don't miss boyfriends or sex. I don't even like holding hands."
Eri-Tomita-32-office-work-008.jpg

"I have a great life. I go out with my girl friends – career women like me – to French and Italian restaurants. I buy stylish clothes and go on nice holidays. I love my independence."

Tomita sometimes has one-night stands with men she meets in bars, but she says sex is not a priority, either. "I often get asked out by married men in the office who want an affair. They assume I'm desperate because I'm single." She grimaces, then shrugs.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/20/young-people-japan-stopped-having-sex

I assume christianmingle will result in lots of premarital anal sex. yes? experience? hops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back