• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 127: THIS IS THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
gf's interview went really, really well you guys thanks for alllllllll the vibes for those who sent them it was much appreciated she thinks she's gonna get an offer this week woop woop don't wanna jinx it but it'd be great maybe i'd get a ring amirite brews or maybe we could go out to dinner more often or maybe she will finally let me kiss her ooooo mostly i'm excited for her as a career opportunity because the place is really taking off and she'd be getting in at the ground floor so to speak and the business plan is great plus the other half of their business is in venture capital so they have bank it's great all around wooo don't wanna put the cart before the horse but i like today a good amount aside from the hens clucking and a less than productive 2 o clock meeting

woooo weee this is good to hear i reallly hope it works out

i hope they have classes at wharton about old hens

Things that are nuts: In central Portland in 1993, the incidence of Part I Crimes (murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny, vehicle theft, arson) per 1000 residents was 553.

553/1000. Those are NOT good odds.

what time of land area are we talking for "central" Portland? How do those crime statistics compare to other parts of Portland?

gf's interview went really, really well you guys thanks for alllllllll the vibes for those who sent them it was much appreciated she thinks she's gonna get an offer this week woop woop don't wanna jinx it but it'd be great maybe i'd get a ring amirite brews or maybe we could go out to dinner more often or maybe she will finally let me kiss her ooooo mostly i'm excited for her as a career opportunity because the place is really taking off and she'd be getting in at the ground floor so to speak and the business plan is great plus the other half of their business is in venture capital so they have bank it's great all around wooo don't wanna put the cart before the horse but i like today a good amount aside from the hens clucking and a less than productive 2 o clock meeting

my dead peen moved a little this afternoon for the first time in 6 weeks it must be connected.

nice, townie, glad to hear some good newz today.

song in my head: alakazooo la midjey la mooo la bibbity bobbity boo put 'em together and whaddya got? bibbity bobbity bibbity bobbity bibbity bobbity booooooo.

aaaand now it's stuck in all of yours' too :).

Sorry for the #sportsboard chat but do people really think Ron Wellman or the athletic department don't want Wake to be successful? I can hear an argument about Hatch/BOT as the university is much bigger than just athletics and pouring resources into athletics may take away from the academic profile of the university. However, why on earth would the head of an athletic department not want the athletics to be successful?

Sorry for the #sportsboard chat but do people really think Ron Wellman or the athletic department don't want Wake to be successful? I can hear an argument about Hatch/BOT as the university is much bigger than just athletics and pouring resources into athletics may take away from the academic profile of the university. However, why on earth would the head of an athletic department not want the athletics to be successful?

I'm not sure Wellman and I have the same definition of success.

There's a difference between not wanting to be successful and not having success as your #1 priority. If your main goal is to run a clean, safe, unremarkable program, you can "be successful" without having actual on-the field success.

It just fascinates me to see someone who has risen to the top of his profession all the sudden suck at his job. And I agree that he has sucked, I just don't quite know why. Same with how NFL coaches who work 15 hours a day fail to make simple adjustments that are (seemingly) obvious from miles away.

It just fascinates me to see someone who has risen to the top of his profession all the sudden suck at his job. And I agree that he has sucked, I just don't quite know why. Same with how NFL coaches who work 15 hours a day fail to make simple adjustments that are (seemingly) obvious from miles away.

My thought is that Wellman (and some of his enablers) just don't have a good understanding of Wake Forest's role in the grand scheme of college athletics. You have to admit, things have changed a lot in the past 15 years: TV money, conference re-alignment, the nature of recruiting. You could probably add many more things to that list.

I think this is especially true with the BoT, but also true with Wellman: they either don't realize Wake Forest's potential for real athletic success, or they think that success would somehow sabotage other parts of Wake Forest they value. Either way, they're deeply misguided.

what time of land area are we talking for "central" Portland? How do those crime statistics compare to other parts of Portland?

what time? I assume you mean size. 'Central City' is a neighborhood distinction, so the actual area is not large at all; it's the smallest physical area. however, it's the most densely-populated. The next highest P1crimes/1000 that year was 141.
bu2ura5e.jpg

what time? I assume you mean size. 'Central City' is a neighborhood distinction, so the actual area is not large at all; it's the smallest physical area. however, it's the most densely-populated. The next highest P1crimes/1000 that year was 141.

yes I meant size

The long shadows that appear about an hour before it gets dark bum me out.

omg. coworker is arguing about airline miles right now (with the airline).

so much Facepalm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back