• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 1331: Just talkin’ chickens. This is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How we livin' this morning, CT. We just got back the spring pictures my wife made us take this morning, and I've decided there is no greater waste of money than paying for a professional photographer.

The last time we had professional family pictures done, it inspired me to lose 30 pounds. So in a roundabout way it was worth it.

The last time we had professional family pictures done, it inspired me to lose 30 pounds. So in a roundabout way it was worth it.

I mean, one positive thing is I look freakin' yoked in the pics.

Is it hard to get good access to courts there? Just playing good players is the best way to get better IMO.

no, court access is not hard and I play a lot, but it's hard to find players that are better than me at the just-right amount where I improve, but not so much better that they smoke me

and then they have to be the ones playing the lesser player each time

but I have one buddy who has surpassed me, so playing him is good in that we're competitive enough but he's better and it helps me improve

I'm taking a continuing education class today and they are talking about this research study where the researchers did a blood draw on patients with an incomplete spinal cord injury every minute during a graded exercise test to measure neurotrophic factors released during exercise and fuck that sounds like the most miserable study to be a part of. I hope they paid those people really well.

WRS, you have an attractive wife. Congrats.

no, court access is not hard and I play a lot, but it's hard to find players that are better than me at the just-right amount where I improve, but not so much better that they smoke me

and then they have to be the ones playing the lesser player each time

but I have one buddy who has surpassed me, so playing him is good in that we're competitive enough but he's better and it helps me improve

Yeah I totally get that, finding somebody to play with regularly that’s at just the right level is tough.

Agreed. Wrs is definitely out kicking his coverage

I couldn’t decide whether to go with:

“Hey, my wife loves y’alls home reno show on HGTV!” or
“I just computer-generated a composite of every couple on the lawn at a Zac Brown Band amphitheater concert. What do you think?”

Then I wasn’t sure if that was the Welsh translation of Knight’s posts, so I left it alone.

But I wish I could grow a beard that thick and full and luscious. But my creamy genes do not allow that.

This is the first time I’ve ever grown it out to like full like mountain man status because the intermediate stages are horrific to behold. But I actually did get a lot of compliments on the beard/man bun combo.

in hudson river park the single file line system they have for tennis courts, bball courts, etc is awesome but crazy when it's nice out, people line up for hours and hours to get a spot

think it's one of the nicer parks in america tho, just miles and miles of uninterrupted trails, playgrounds, open spaces, etc., very clean and overlooking a river

have played pickup bball there a couple times with my brother in law in the before times

I always wanted to play tennis under a bubble in NYC like in Annie Hall and Seinfeld.

wife woke up with the baby this morning at 6:30 and then when she was done feeding him at 7 discovered we had no coffee so had to make an emergency run in sweatpants down the street

without coffee there simply is no life

wife woke up with the baby this morning at 6:30 and then when she was done feeding him at 7 discovered we had no coffee so had to make an emergency run in sweatpants down the street

without coffee there simply is no life

Who used the last of the coffee and didn't WRITE IT DOWN ON THE SHOPPING LIST OR AT LEAST TELL SOMEONE WE'RE OUT OF COFFEE !!??!!??!??

How many years you got in? And yes, teaching makes you dead inside after a while. You see too many kids going through too much just absolutely horrific shit.

This is my 6th year, but this feeling of just going through motions and being checked out is fairly new. I also think I'm bored of teaching American History, at least at this level. I never would have thought this years 1-5, but I think I might look to go the principal route. I've been speaking up in faculty and PLT meetings, I've been leading two reopening committees, and even accidentally started an advisory program for our failing HS kids. I'm much more interested in the big picture stuff than day-to-day teaching, which is new. I still have the dream of creating a state champion 1-A soccer program though, which would be hard to juggle along with principal coursework.

I’m feeling pretty flat recently too. Just hard to get excited about shit at all. Even getting my first vaccine shot was just sort of a “meh”. Couple weekend excursions coming up and then a wedding in Austin post-full vaccination hopefully will help me break out of the funk a bit.

I feels this on a real level

I think there are a lot of us out there right now. The pandemic has really crushed our mental health. I'm hoping that getting outside and doing stuff again is going to help.

I also can't shake this overwhelming urge to get involved politically, I'm just too pissed off and fed up with the BS y'all. I daydream about it way too much. I actually think I'd be a decent candidate locally, but only if I get some intern to wipe my presence off this website first. Obviously.

I think my wife would kill me if I posted a picture of her on here for you all to judge her hotness.

i've recently reached very real burnout at work, but a quick scan looking at other jobs at a similar position in other industries on a couple sites made me happy where i am for now

think it's just covid burnout more than anything else (and brasky, being a new dad is no joke too)

I also can't shake this overwhelming urge to get involved politically, I'm just too pissed off and fed up with the BS y'all. I daydream about it way too much. I actually think I'd be a decent candidate locally, but only if I get some intern to wipe my presence off this website first. Obviously.

No, we're really enjoying your constant social anarchy rants. No need to go public with that.

I could be your campaign manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back