• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 1331: Just talkin’ chickens. This is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the dude who is literally trying to quit* the boards because he's upset over a poster getting banned calling everyone pathetic quitters.

* getting banned on purpose w/derogatory comments that show your true colors might be the most pathetic way to quit the boards I know

Hey we need him for mafia numbers so....can we just like delay the ban?

It’s still thriving in my town. It’s attached to a Sweetfrog so we eat there pretty frequently. Skip the rice in the burrito bowl and double up on the beans and chicken and you can get a 60 grams of protein dinner for 10 bucks.

My guy, this is exactly what I do. Although sometimes I go chicken and steak. Double beans >>>>> rice.

I mean bro you gave in to a pack of bullies to ban a 70yo from a message board he’s been posting on since before I could walk.

Bad look.

lol not a single "bully" contacting us lead to his ban, we didn't give in to anyone, it was his own behavior, y'all keep shifting those goalposts.. I don't even know where the latest talking points about us banning him for being racist are coming from

he's been posting on this message board less time than I have, since I was around and spent multiple weekends helping dv7/ogd/ty set up the software and get it running, you're less than 12 years old? this board was started and is run by volunteers who spend lots of time trying to better it, if someone wants to keep pissing those volunteers off despite getting multiple attempts at warnings, that's on them, we don't have to tolerate it and it's bullshit that y'all expect us to when you don't do any of the work or spend the hours to make this happen.. go look at the 247 sports board if you want to see what a shitty forum software no one gives af about looks like, literally just the bare minimum setup for les to share his #scoops and reporting (which, btw are great, I don't disparage him at all, that's just the company he's aligned with when it comes to what they'll give in terms of a forum).

the bad look is the main RJ defenders here keep busting out "massa" and the r and f words to try and bait some sort of reaction.. for all the talk of everyone else acting like middle schoolers, that reveals quite a lot about their character IMO (and this is who you're currently aligned with, since you're just fine ignoring that kind of behavior)...

Oh Jesus, laying in bed catching up on Tapa and just made it to Creamy’s last post on here. Feels like he wants a ban after that one. And he deserves it, see ya.

The freedom of speech claim while using homophobic language is lame as hell.

I feel like y'all are making massa out to be alot worse than it is

I feel like y'all are making massa out to be alot worse than it is

thats not the reason he was banned, but when you keep parroting it back (like 1976 has done), it does reflect pretty poorly on you

you can just say "master" and make the same point if you feel like you're being oppressed (by some other random poster/not even a mod)

thats not the reason he was banned, but when you keep parroting it back (like 1976 has done), it does reflect pretty poorly on you

you can just say "master" and make the same point if you feel like you're being oppressed (by some other random poster/not even a mod)

If he was peppering the mods with complaints so much, I just wonder why y'all just didn't stop responding.

I’m not sure what is worse, dropping the r and f words or straining to tie this rj banning to cancel culture and freedom of speech.

oof, bad look, my man

tsy, are you trying to farm full-time?
Potentially. The average age of the American Farmer is 60 years old, which means there is a massive turnover looking within the next few years. There's a lot of $$ to be made in that space, but most young people lack the access to land and infrastructure to capitalize on it. I'm fortunate to be inheriting existing farmland, and have slowly been adding equipment over the past 10-15 years. There's also been a push in recent years for products that are not processed through the industrial complex; people are more conscious about what they put into their bodies and are willing to pay more for responsibly raised animals. I could go on and on but I won't bore folks anymore.

The short answer to your question, yes eventually I would love to do it full time. However, it would take a sizeable rampup to match my current corporate salary, and we do not have the savings to take the gamble and make the plunge. In 5 or so years, it may be possible and more feasible.

Potentially. The average age of the American Farmer is 60 years old, which means there is a massive turnover looking within the next few years. There's a lot of $$ to be made in that space, but most young people lack the access to land and infrastructure to capitalize on it. I'm fortunate to be inheriting existing farmland, and have slowly been adding equipment over the past 10-15 years. There's also been a push in recent years for products that are not processed through the industrial complex; people are more conscious about what they put into their bodies and are willing to pay more for responsibly raised animals. I could go on and on but I won't bore folks anymore.

The short answer to your question, yes eventually I would love to do it full time. However, it would take a sizeable rampup to match my current corporate salary, and we do not have the savings to take the gamble and make the plunge. In 5 or so years, it may be possible and more feasible.

What you farming, bro? And tell me about your tractor.

What you farming, bro? And tell me about your tractor.
Check out post# 1829 above.

I own a 1974 Ford 2000 which belonged to my grandfather. My father owns a 2006 Kubota L Series which I use when I need 4WD, and my grandmother owns a 2019 Bobcat Skid Steer for use on her tree farm. Nothing huge, but capable of what we need at the moment. We're focusing more on animals than produce, growing mostly enough for ourselves.

Kubotas are badass tractors. Your grandma growing Frasier Firs? If so, there’s probably a 95 percent chance I know her.

Chickens are fun, but gross when not industrialized. My chickens lay pretty well but I oddly enough still buy my chicken meat from the store most of the time. They’re such a pain to defeather.

If he was peppering the mods with complaints so much, I just wonder why y'all just didn't stop responding.

Because they’re the mods. They’re supposed to respond. If they didn’t, you, Creamy, and catamount would complain that they’re ignoring him.

The basic rule around here is don’t be a dick. One guy has consistently been a dick to people for 25 years over every iteration of this board. Every group of moderators has been extremely tolerant as that one guy makes every manner of thread about himself, gets in ridiculous arguments with almost everyone else on an hourly basis, spams the mods and other posters with private messages, and is just an all around nuisance.

Several posters have put him on ignore to make the board experience more pleasant. Some posters simply take a break from posting. Others have left for good. Losing good members of the community to protect a nuisance is just bad policy.

I know it’s cool for some people to go to the wall for people who say shitty things in the name of “free speech.” That’s just a way to shift the window to make it more public acceptable to say shitty things and be a shitty person while marginalizing people who don’t want shitty discourse. It’s not edgy. It’s not looking out for the little guy. It doesn’t make the world a better place. Just let it go.

Word.

Fuck anyone here who isn't supportive of freedom of speech m you all are a bunch of weak minded, pathetic quitters.

Ugh. I'm so tired of people not recognizing that "free speech" isn't speech free from consequence. If you keep showing up to a bar and the night always ends up in a fight or an argument, eventually the bar is going to ask you to not come back anymore because your presence annoys more patrons than it attracts. What is weak-minded is someone not being able to handle their shit like a grown up. Don't behave like an assclown you won't get treated like one.

Kubotas are badass tractors. Your grandma growing Frasier Firs? If so, there’s probably a 95 percent chance I know her.
She's got 26 acres of shortleaf pines. We're in Davie County, so Frasiers don't grow very well due to the heat and soil.
Chickens are fun, but gross when not industrialized. My chickens lay pretty well but I oddly enough still buy my chicken meat from the store most of the time. They’re such a pain to defeather.
We purchased the killing cones and a plucker, which should help dramatically. It's a costly up front investment, but should recoup its costs over time. This will be our first batch of meat birds, so we'll see if my opinion changes after the processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back