• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 145 - poopin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting from a computer I usually catch it, but proof reading on my phone sucks, so you UPPITY NERDS are going to have to deal with it

but it's not proof reading like an autocorrect... you are actively typing "could of" there's no confusing 'of' with 'have'

Hmm, I could just program it to do the replacement for "could/would of" on the boards like I did for [Redacted]..

I'm trying to think, are there any legitimate times you'd say "could/would of"??? I'm trying to think of a sentence construction where those words might be adjacent.

Hmm, I could just program it to do the replacement for "could/would of" on the boards like I did for [Redacted]..

I'm trying to think, are there any legitimate times you'd say "could/would of"??? I'm trying to think of a sentence construction where those words might be adjacent.

you could, of course, make a sentence with them next to each other... but not without a comma.

you could, of course, make a sentence with them next to each other... but not without a comma.

yeah I'm trying to think and all I can think of is with a comma.

"You should, of course, remember to proof your posts."

So for those following along at home, my GF's friend that got divorced within six months of her wedding and got her boobs done last month was at the river with some friends this weekend.

Scuttlebutt is that she has been running through the hoodrats in that part of FL and we ran into her wearing this tiny ass American flag bikini proudly displaying her new bombs. She has now made this her profile picture on Facebook.

:nopics:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Not a concern if there is a comma there..

Of course I'd rather just help Brasky think in a grammatically correct way instead, so he doesn't keep making this mistake for the rest of his life.

but it's not proof reading like an autocorrect... you are actively typing "could of" there's no confusing 'of' with 'have'

Oh I know. I naturally type "could of" most of the time if I'm not looking out for it. I used to (and still rarely) make the same mistake with they're/there/their growing up.

It is a natural trigger, sort of like you guys avoiding people in elevators because you're afraid of casual conversation.

I didn't lay eyes on Maya one time in my four years at Wake. I don't think I even knew one person who took her class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back