• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 153: Fall weather = pumpkins & Homecoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed!

so I recognized your wife as she was looking for chicdeac, and I smiled at her to indicate I was part of the group she was maybe joining up with, but she either didn't see or understand. when Chic brought her over later I was like "I thought 'hey birdie's mom!' would be a little too awkward." :plos: I guess I was just a really hot mess when we met tailgating last year.
Keep in mind that she literally never reads the boards so even though she met you last year she has zero context to really remember you outside of "she's a friendly girl." In essence you "know" her a lot better than she knows you.

Keep in mind that she literally never reads the boards so even though she met you last year she has zero context to really remember you outside of "she's a friendly girl." In essence you "know" her a lot better than she knows you.

makes sense!

Apparently my wife ran into Manning right after the camp and was telling him he needed to recruit one of her former students who is class of 2016. Manning grabbed one of his recruiting guys and took down the information and said he’d call the school tomorrow. Probably just a nice gesture from Manning to my wife but still pretty cool to get that time of face time with the coach of a high major D1 school.

That said if they offer this kid a scholly and we can no longer sign Giles, I’m permabanning myself for life.

I was there for that convo. They also offered your wife signing compensation if they brought him to Wake but said if he was a jerk it was all on her. Recruiting guy seemed frustrated your wife didn't know the kid's height.

What are you thinking? I definitely want to get lit up, but I'm not sure about what to cook if anything. Homecoming being so early this year makes our tailgate attendance a real crapshoot.

Started watching The New Girl last week, and I think I might be coming around on Zooey D.

Approximately half my office is leaving at lunch to go tailgate for MNF. I love America.

What are you thinking? I definitely want to get lit up, but I'm not sure about what to cook if anything. Homecoming being so early this year makes our tailgate attendance a real crapshoot.

I'll be there with my folks. Something on the grill is always nice, but my dad also likes to get some Bojangles so we'll be fine if you don't cook.

Weather is looking solid for the weekend.

HTTDFather (Army, retired) will be here Saturday, wearing various black/gold paraphernalia.

I just had a suggestion of tri-tip. What say ye, its quick and easy to cook, and could make some great sandwiches.

I just had a suggestion of tri-tip. What say ye, its quick and easy to cook, and could make some great sandwiches.

benStillerDoIt.jpg

You and the Mrs coming up LCD? That'd be the true test of my tri-tip having someone try it from Cali.

Flattered, but you're giving me too much credit.

We're not going to make it to any games this year. I was in Winston for a wedding this weekend and that will be my only trip to MSD this year. Haven't been inspired to travel for football the last few years...

My office is always super casually dressed, but today there are literally a dozen McCoy jerseys walking around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back