• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 153: Fall weather = pumpkins & Homecoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello new Chat Thread.

I live on the first floor of a two-family house; my housemate/landlord lives on the second floor. He's responsive, keeps the property well-maintained and is ostensibly a good landlord to have. However, over the weekend he installed a huge blue planet Earth flag on our porch protruding from one of the front posts (he's sort of a hippie). It's an eyesore. I don't want to look at it every time I drive home or sit out on the porch. But, he owns the house. Is there an elegant way to express my distaste for this thing to him without making it seem like I'm telling him what's what on his own property?

Someone should get socal to start a new thread about RTQ's new boyfriend.

Well of course your wedding will only be on one date. The venue cost alone for a multiple day wedding would be insane.

Good point. Is RTQ's new dude Indian? If so, he may insist on a multiple day wedding. My advice is to work that out before he proposes.

Hello new Chat Thread.

I live on the first floor of a two-family house; my housemate/landlord lives on the second floor. He's responsive, keeps the property well-maintained and is ostensibly a good landlord to have. However, over the weekend he installed a huge blue planet Earth flag on our porch protruding from one of the front posts (he's sort of a hippie). It's an eyesore. I don't want to look at it every time I drive home or sit out on the porch. But, he owns the house. Is there an elegant way to express my distaste for this thing to him without making it seem like I'm telling him what's what on his own property?

Its Vermont there are plenty of crazies to blame when tonight you paint a large green anarchist symbol over his planet earth flag to symbolize your hate of environmentalism
black-green-anarchy_design.png

And there will have to be the usual reminders to 1) not get married in the fall, 2) not marry a Carolina grad

I'd add 3) Get DirecTV but I guess that's out of the question.

:couch:
As we discussed yesterday on the river, its ok though. She hates UNC.

Yeah, that's one of those rules that can have some exceptions. I think the rule really should be "2) not marry a big UNC fan".

My dad is still under the impression that a degree from Wake is more valuable on a resume than a degree from UNC, NCSU or some other state school. I had to correct him and say that outside of NC, very few people even know where Wake Forest is, or what kind of school it is, and more often than not will get us confused with Lake Forest.

My dad is still under the impression that a degree from Wake is more valuable on a resume than a degree from UNC, NCSU or some other state school. I had to correct him and say that outside of NC, very few people even know where Wake Forest is, or what kind of school it is, and more often than not will get us confused with Lake Forest.

Hopefully those people aren't reviewing resumes.

Huh? Not sure if serious?

Maybe I'm biased based on my years in the workforce, but I never got the impression that a Wake degree carried more weight than a degree from another school to the point that it would determine which applicants went further in the recruiting process. Maybe it matters more for law school, med school, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back