• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 153: Fall weather = pumpkins & Homecoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm biased based on my years in the workforce, but I never got the impression that a Wake degree carried more weight than a degree from another school to the point that it would determine which applicants went further in the recruiting process. Maybe it matters more for law school, med school, etc

I've noticed most people say something like "heh, Wake's a tough school" or the likes, but as far as holding more value, I haven't seen it. Especially in the medical field, specialized degrees are the rage.

Hello new Chat Thread.

I live on the first floor of a two-family house; my housemate/landlord lives on the second floor. He's responsive, keeps the property well-maintained and is ostensibly a good landlord to have. However, over the weekend he installed a huge blue planet Earth flag on our porch protruding from one of the front posts (he's sort of a hippie). It's an eyesore. I don't want to look at it every time I drive home or sit out on the porch. But, he owns the house. Is there an elegant way to express my distaste for this thing to him without making it seem like I'm telling him what's what on his own property?

Not sure if serious, or if it's a slow day on the CT.

i was gone for a long weekend and RTQ is engaged? Whoa.

You'd see that in Winston and maybe in other parts of NC, but elsewhere around the country you'll be lucky to find a recruiter or manager that knows anything about Wake. Just thought I would bring it up since our conversation got me thinking.

RTQ Is getting married????? Hell to the yeah. Im bout to cum all up in that reception, just dancing, eating the Hors d'oeuvre, talkin to all the bridesbaes. As Lance Bass said, "Cant Fucking Wait". #LEGGOOOOOOOO

I'm obviously in a different field than most of you, but usually when I say I went to Wake, I get "Did you go to school with Tim Duncan?"

That's about it.

one date, you guys, just one date. relaaaaax.

Once upon a time, my wife and I had been on one date.* Not sure about anyone else.

*Actually, we were actually dating and hooking up before we went on an actual date, because we were in college.

Hello new Chat Thread.

I live on the first floor of a two-family house; my housemate/landlord lives on the second floor. He's responsive, keeps the property well-maintained and is ostensibly a good landlord to have. However, over the weekend he installed a huge blue planet Earth flag on our porch protruding from one of the front posts (he's sort of a hippie). It's an eyesore. I don't want to look at it every time I drive home or sit out on the porch. But, he owns the house. Is there an elegant way to express my distaste for this thing to him without making it seem like I'm telling him what's what on his own property?

this thing is TACKY. speaking of which, we went to the landlord's birthday party on sunday night. pretty sure i was one of the few ladies there wearing a bra. over half of the attendees were either homeopathic/naturopathic professionals or organic farmers. obviously i fit right in. (jokes on jokes on jokes)

Hello new Chat Thread.

Sets it on fire.

this thing is TACKY. speaking of which, we went to the landlord's birthday party on sunday night. pretty sure i was one of the few ladies there wearing a bra. over half of the attendees were either homeopathic/naturopathic professionals or organic farmers. obviously i fit right in. (jokes on jokes on jokes)

so, it's possible this was a gift. That's good because maybe he was just flying it because the giver was at the party.

Right after they ask you if you played ball because your black. Smh.

Yeah. Pretty much. First time I got that was during a friend's wedding literally weeks after I graduated.

mindy-kaling.gif

My mom was asking me about Iphones this weekend and she looked angry when I said the Chief had mentioned buying me one for my birthday. Meanwhile she told me 1) I am not getting a birthday present this year and 2) she has given my adult sister two nice cars.

I'm obviously in a different field than most of you, but usually when I say I went to Wake, I get "Did you go to school with Tim Duncan?"

That's about it.

I'll get a reference to being a basketball school, then I go into a 5 minute rant about [Redacted] and the conversation is basically over. Good times.

My mom was asking me about Iphones this weekend and she looked angry when I said the Chief had mentioned buying me one for my birthday. Meanwhile she told me 1) I am not getting a birthday present this year and 2) she has given my adult sister two nice cars.

last we talked I thought she didn't like your sister, now she's getting cars?

i have never seen another human being sweat as much as deacfan2009 sweat during the BrainsInVats/BoulderDeac/AceOfWake wedding this weekend

he did not stop dancing for one millisecond from the time the music started til it stopped

not during the extended backstreet boys medley or the odd throwbacks to lesser known 80s ballads (all spun from the strange CD collection of DJ Lefty; the "world's best one-armed DJ")

no, 2009 twerked and rubbed his butt all over everything that moved for a solid 3 hours

by the end, he was flinging sweat like one of those sprinkler foam noodle things kids play in:

sprinkler3.jpg

and the wedding was indoors, heavily air conditioned, with a very small dance area

aside from the kid who kept doing backflips (PARKOUR!), i think it's safe to say who MVP of this wedding was

Carry over from the last CT, but this is how I envision what went down:
Egke3RX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back