• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 197?: Bad Hombres and Nasty Women within

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know anything about St. George's Island in Florida? A buddy is having his bachelor party there in April.

Looking like (potentially) three Asheville weddings next year. Cool.

Reactions: ITK
Has anyone ever benefited from joining an academic honor society, like Phi Beta Kappa?

I'm kinda sad that I've aged out of having multiple weddings every year. It's been over two years since the last wedding I went to and I don't foresee another one anytime soon (except for our 65 year old friend who just got engaged to a 22 year old who lives in Peru, but who the fuck knows what's going to happen with that).

I'm kinda sad that I've aged out of having multiple weddings every year. It's been over two years since the last wedding I went to and I don't foresee another one anytime soon (except for our 65 year old friend who just got engaged to a 22 year old who lives in Peru, but who the fuck knows what's going to happen with that).

Just wait, in a few years it will start over again for people's second weddings. Less gift buying...more partying.

I think we're officially at 0 weddings for next year, and don't know anyone who has potential. Either they're single or married.

Was this an in person conversation with cats or phone? Like logistically how did they glean this info?

I sent her their pictures and filled out a form with like age/name and questions I wanted to ask. Then she called me.

An episode of "Catfish" is what's gonna happen with that.

I sat front row at Willie Nelson Saturday and he pointed at my bomb 'Merica sweater and smiled and waved at me.

Just wait, in a few years it will start over again for people's second weddings. Less gift buying...more partying.

I've already been to 3 second weddings.... Of all of the weddings I went to in the 10 years after graduation, half got divorced (and one ended due to death).

An episode of "Catfish" is what's gonna happen with that.

Nope, they've met in person. He's been down to Peru maybe 5 times now. Took her V-card too. Her dad is like 35 years older than her mom (and same with her aunt and uncle), so it's not all that weird for her.

What is really sucky (for me) is that 2-3 years ago were big wedding years, and I had no $$ to be able to attend all of them. Now I've got $$ but no more weddings (after the one I'm attending at the end of this month in dirty jersey).
These days it seems like everyone is having babies.

Maybe on a grad school application? I seriously doubt it's played into any job search successes.
I put mine on my resume but I don't think it usually helps out that much. I could see it increasing the odds of getting an interview though, especially if the hiring manager belongs to the same one.

It certainly wasn't the reason I was hired for my job.

The only wedding I've had recently was a buddy's second.

It's been a dry spell otherwise, which is fine, though I did have a great time at an Asheville wedding many years ago, getting mind-melded by some weird dancer/yogi/massage therapist/aura reader, and smoking weed on the patio of Mayfel's after having a few too many of their weird house caipirinha type drink. I thought I had stumbled on some private mystical magical patio wonderland, but it turned out my buddy just took me through the then-closed restaurant portion and you could access the patio from the back street above.

Worst headache of my life the next morning, which I took to be residual from that chick messing inside my brain, but was probably my body tearing and twisting itself due to the tension I carried, and it had enough. Man, that was painful and I don't think I've been right since -- my body did some weird shit in the subsequent months from which I feel I am still recovering. I almost took myself to the hospital and missed the wedding I was in. I was vomiting from the pain -- just thought I was hungover...and mind-melded.

if you make a gel out of them, I suppose, but if you're just putting them into something it's no different from any other 'thing' in your yogurt or oatmeal. :noidea:

Fair. I guess you have to let them sit in water for a while before they make the gel, so it wouldn't make change oatmeal's texture if you just stir them in and eat (except for the texture of adding tiny seeds). Checked the nutrition and it seems like a lot of fat for a small amount of seeds. Probably don't need to add them to my life.

It's probably good fat though, and what gives the Tarahumara their power and endurance. Maybe you should slip some into Tent Man's drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back