• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 197?: Bad Hombres and Nasty Women within

Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined Kappa Delta Pi (Education honor society) and Phi Kappa Phi (University honors) this summer during my last semester of grad school but I don't think it really matters and I wish I would just kept the $150.

We've got a Florida wedding this weekend, and a DC one next weekend. We're missing Homecoming though, FTL

Fair. I guess you have to let them sit in water for a while before they make the gel, so it wouldn't make change oatmeal's texture if you just stir them in and eat (except for the texture of adding tiny seeds). Checked the nutrition and it seems like a lot of fat for a small amount of seeds. Probably don't need to add them to my life.

Fat from chia seeds is not going to do anything to you.

Fair. I guess you have to let them sit in water for a while before they make the gel, so it wouldn't make change oatmeal's texture if you just stir them in and eat (except for the texture of adding tiny seeds). Checked the nutrition and it seems like a lot of fat for a small amount of seeds. Probably don't need to add them to my life.

you do you but

as deachead would say the MACROS are great

2 tablespoons: 139 calories, 4 grams of protein, 9 grams fat, 12 grams carbohydrates and 11 grams of fiber, plus vitamins and minerals

I joined Kappa Delta Pi (Education honor society) and Phi Kappa Phi (University honors) this summer during my last semester of grad school but I don't think it really matters and I wish I would just kept the $150.

Yeah, just seems like an honor you can pay for that doesn't actually have any benefit.

I'd probably have to stop stirring peanut butter into my oatmeal otherwise I'll get like half of my daily fats from morning oatmeal!

i don't think either of these bits of advice are relevant to RTQ at all

most applicable to me would probably be: drink less beer and also still run more, always run more. I have not been running enough lately. Another few weeks before legit serious marathon training has to start again.

apparently desiigner is going to play panda at halftime of the sixers home opener

ok

I too am bummed about being on the downswing of weddings. My two most recent ones were my younger brothers and I'm not sure what else we have on the horizon. Our siblings and most of our cousins are married (and the other cousins that may have weddings we don't know their friends so it would be cool to see family but not like party-time friend weddings). A couple friends are still single, but no serious relationships (although to be fair if they do date someone it would probably move quickly since we're all #olds now).

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm into This is Us. Hubs tapped out after 3 eps, but I'm planning to continue. I also have more time than usual to devote to TV watching these days. But I'm enjoying my weekly cryfest so far.

Going through Open Enrollment woes here as well. Last year was easy as we basically had two plans to choose from - the one full paid by the company or the buy up plan. This year since we're under 50 employees we have to choose a plan through DC Health Link (thanks Obama) and have like 50+ plans to choose from. Ugh. Probably will end up going with the plan that is most similar to our old one as it's decent enough and still fully paid by work (including the deductible). Biggest change is that instead of $300 total for a hospital admission it's now $500 PER NIGHT. Ridic. Glad I popped that baby out this year! Hope I don't get hospital sick next year.

While I'm frustrated about the large increase coming in my health insurance, I am also learning that what I currently have is pretty inexpensive. Like less than half of the average individual monthly contribution to employer plans (per the googlemachine). I've only worked at one company my whole career so it's interesting to learn about how the benefits that are so normal to me, are actually rather good.

Oh man, I hadn't thought about cousins; 4 girl cousins all within three years of each other in age.

I suppose I'll get married eventually, too (hopefully)... I can still count that as one to look forward to.

We went to two weddings this year (one a friend from college and one a younger coworker of Matt's/friend of mine). We have one good friend who might get engaged soon but other than that, there's pretty much no first, second or third weddings on the horizon for us. We have a few friends who have split, but as of yet, they aren't in the remarriage phase yet.

I went to a wedding in the spring and have another next month. Can't think of any more on the horizon, though I have lots of single friends left.

How does the divorce rate compare for people who were married before 25 and those married after 25? I could look that up but I wondered if anyone knew off the top of their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back