• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2021: huge historic day today ! you are living history congrats !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chat Thread 2020: What's in a name?

Which machines? Do they even make new pinball machines nowadays? Feels like every pinball machine I’ve seen in the last decade is still like Dukes of Hazzard or something 80s or 90s. I did see a Stranger Things one but that’s just going retro.

The hobby is hot right now. The main company cranks out a new machine every 3 months. A few others do like 1 a year. All the people that enjoyed pinball growing up are in their 40’s and 50’s or older now with disposable income , so it’s had a resurgence the past 5 years or so along with barcades popping up everywhere.

Very big in the Pacific Northwest especially.

There’s about 10 good places to play in the Tampa Bay Area, for example. And they’re all mapped!

https://pinballmap.com/tampabay?utf8=✓&region=tampabay

Last edited:
Bar with about 20 machines, 64 people show up and play in groups of 4 for the night. 4,2,1,0 scoring, play 6 machines per night. Add up total points. Final rankings get you in A, B, C , D leagues, top 16 are A, next 16 are B, etc. Finals are step ladder heads up within the division. Rankings count towards international pinball rankings that qualify you for tournaments and shit.

I was about to be really judgmental of your nerd hobbies and then I remembered how into sheep and mafia I am and so now I’m all, that hella cool bro.

66a237cb7352a7c00dff05f3f638b640.jpg

But where does the meat go?

Townie my trail runners have decided to start mauling my feet on every run now. What shoes should I purchase? They need to be able to handle some pretty gnarly shit as I’ll be using them for mud runs this year and I gotta be quick to impress my bro ATS.

Fuck. I need to start some sort of training. Four months seems like just long enough to get into respectable shape.

My feet smell so bad when I wear slippers what do I do

Get some scented oil. Not the hun/MLM shit, but actual scented oil. I'll link some below. Put a drop in your shoes/slippers once or twice a week. About 15 years ago, I did this for about two or three years and my shit no longer smells.

...ok, jesus, the hun/MLM market has fucking ruined my ability to find anything real.

I used to use lavender, ginger, and geranium. Didn't mix them or anything, just different shoes different smells.

https://majesticpure.com/products/l...vXJtosyWBIokLUvSIFc4HGZbLXC9xHThoC92QQAvD_BwE

That's close, but fuck me, this market is now full of insane people.

now that i'm at home full time i have slippers coming soon. will update all on my foot odor status in CT 2021.

I got some Ugg slippers as a gift that are insanely comfortable, but they're too warm to wear for more than like 15 min or my feet get all sweaty.

I have some minnetonkas that are great to slip on at 3 AM to soothe the baby back to sleep

The hardwood floors downstairs are killing my legs and back as I get older. I got a memory foam mat in the kitchen that I use since that’s the main place I stand. But I just wear some ankle socks instead of slippers.

i've considered a mat for the kitchen b/c it does start to hurt if i'm pulling a long job like thanksgiving. i bought one for my "workshop" and it's great.

I have some minnetonkas that are great to slip on at 3 AM to soothe the baby back to sleep

Yeah man, hit those bitches up with some scented oil every now and then. It's a game changer.

In college and shortly thereafter, I had enough free time to really have my shit together. My girlfriend at the time (now wife) was really impressed with my grooming and specifically mentioned the nice smell of my shoes at least once.

Now that I'm a fat fucking slob, she's tried to be nice and casually remind me that I was once attractive and smelled nice. I should key in and listen up to that.

knight, serious question:

you seem like a thoughtful guy and have a utilitarian worldview -- you also talk about how much you work and your three jobs, etc while not sleeping and eating like shit

how do you do the mental calculation on making less money versus more free time, healthier lifestyle?

I don't gather that you're doing your non-lawyer stuff to make ends meet -- presumably it's to achieve a certain lifestyle for you and your kids

anyways, just curious as it's something I think about myself: working harder and making more money versus quality of life -- tough to quantify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back