• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2022: Happy Pride, Biff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No wait, I mean Yes, nothing is sacred.

Not sure which I mean.

I'm in High Point, NC so I guess, yeah - pretty remarkable.

Yeah, that’s really quite far outside their range. Sometimes juvenile wading birds will do post breeding exploration which is adaptive behavior for prospecting new habitats for future breeding but >500 miles is really far. Woodstorks are slowly moving northward from Florida, into GA, SC and now south East NC and usually the juveniles start showing up late summer and then 3 or so years later a few will start breeding and then 10 years later there will be a full on colony. Anyway the other weird thing about spoonbills in the triad is that they are pretty much tied to coastal waters since their diet is fairly exclusively shrimp. It Maybe that this guy was prospecting in costal GA and SC then fled inland when it sensed the tropical storm coming but got lost and ended up in the triad.

We rented a house on the beach, shoutout to my Mom for requiring beachfront and also paying for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back