• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2022: Happy Pride, Biff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whichever one isn't on Sunday. Everything is closed in Germany on Sunday, it will be kind of a wasted day. Other than that, its six one way, half dozen the other.

This is excellent. Just realized New Years day will be our first day and the next day is Sunday. Vienna first it is. Hopefully everything won't be closed there. Have heard from friends 2 years ago that Milan turns into a total ghost town on New Years.

Looks like St. Anton is an epic ski place, but maybe not so for beginners/intermediates like my wife, and it's out of the way if we're ditching Switzerland. Kitzbuhel looks like a cool town and highly regarded mountain as well, and in between Innsbruck/Salzburg. Or could just ski out of Innsbruck. More of a priority for me than her.

Every lobster roll I eat reminds me of RJ and makes me legitimately want to try out that spot he used to talk about. Lobster rolls slap.

If a food ever reminded me of RJ, I would avoid that food at all costs.

Every lobster roll I eat reminds me of RJ and makes me legitimately want to try out that spot he used to talk about. Lobster rolls slap.

Weren't those like $7 lobster rolls? No way that could be good. Seems like the places he frequented always had food that was disturbingly cheap for a SoCal beachside town.

Weren't those like $7 lobster rolls? No way that could be good. Seems like the places he frequented always had food that was disturbingly cheap for a SoCal beachside town.

True. I haven't found them for less than $15 anywhere else, including food trucks

this is awesome. Dude is down 1 on the last hole

So there is an article in our local newspaper this morning about a young roseate spoonbill being spotted at the lake - birdman, is that really worthy of a news article?

Where do you live? The northern limit of their range is usually like Jacksonville, FL, so anywhere north of there is pretty remarkable, from a birding perspective anyway.

Just pulled the trigger on flights. I'm jacked up. Vienna on 12/30 (12/31 w/ redeye) & back from Munich on 1/9. My wife had gotten some platinum status challenge offer from American (no chance she could possibly achieve in the next 3 months), and it let us book premium economy for zero extra charge (was going to be $250 pp). Pretty sweet. So many trains/hotels/restaurants/activities to plan now. BM with recs!

use miles to upgrade to business class on the redeye. It's not actually that many and if she's temporarily platinum you have a pretty good shot to get the upgrade if you have enough miles.

use miles to upgrade to business class on the redeye. It's not actually that many and if she's temporarily platinum you have a pretty good shot to get the upgrade if you have enough miles.

That would be epic. How do we do that 6 months before the flight?

Lobster Rolls in Maine right now are like $25-$30

Delicious though. Bite into Maine, Eventide, and Clam Shack were v notable.

Hit a new Mexican restaurant and had my first torta. Really just a Mexican sandwich but it slapped. 10/10.

Ate at the tipszy taco in high point today and woof. I had low expectations but figured it'd do the job for a quick lunch. Was a C- to D+ experience.

Seating - uncomfortable. My ass is too big for their kids table ass small stools.
Service - average. Guy was nice but they were understaffed like everywhere else.
Food - Mediocre. Tacos weren't awful but below average. Chips were stale. Water tasted like the hose I drank out of as a kid. Had a beer to offset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back