• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2022: Happy Pride, Biff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember being in London for the grenfell tower fire. Similar sounding thing where the council had neglected the building bc they were cheap and poor people lived there.

You could see the charred building from anywhere since it was the only high rise in that part of West London

i recall when we went to see Adele in Wembley that she spent a good ten minutes talking about what a travesty this was, and I hadn't even heard of it. Stupid americans.

So there is an article in our local newspaper this morning about a young roseate spoonbill being spotted at the lake - birdman, is that really worthy of a news article?

So there is an article in our local newspaper this morning about a young roseate spoonbill being spotted at the lake - birdman, is that really worthy of a news article?

The power of the Internet: "Hey, there was a local information source that posted something that I'm skeptical of, so dear semi-anonymous internet stranger that I've built personal rapport with, is it accurate?"

Just got Elton John tickets for October 2022. I hope he's still alive.

Actually it's in September. Sunday night concert at BofA Stadium -- should be pretty raging. Will tailgate all weekend.

Would be pretty cool if the Panthers played at 1:00 and they set the stage up after the game and had Elton John come on at 8:00. Also, would be cool to have a duet with Sir Elton and Sir Purr.

Happy Birthday Nicole Scherzinger ! !!! !

YOU ARE HOT !!!!!

giphy.gif

Probably depends on where you live. Where I live, no. That just means one of the spoonbill families had another baby.

Planning a trip to Europe over New Years/the week after. Thinking of hitting Munich, Zurich, Innsbruck, and a couple smaller towns (and probably a ski resort) over 10 days. Better to fly into Zurich and out of Munich or into Munich and out of Zurich? Munich is non-stop from CLT, but Zurich is not. Or should we ditch Zurich (would save several hours of train travel) and just do Munich/Austria? Flying thread might be better for this, but figured the CT might like to opine.

Planning a trip to Europe over New Years/the week after. Thinking of hitting Munich, Zurich, Innsbruck, and a couple smaller towns (and probably a ski resort) over 10 days. Better to fly into Zurich and out of Munich or into Munich and out of Zurich? Munich is non-stop from CLT, but Zurich is not. Or should we ditch Zurich (would save several hours of train travel) and just do Munich/Austria? Flying thread might be better for this, but figured the CT might like to opine.

Well hello there. Zurich is cool, and maybe worth a day, but is totally skippable. St. Antons in Austria is highly thought of as a ski town. Davos or Klosters would be cool ski towns to visit in Switzerland. I enjoyed St. Moritz, but the skiing isn't ground breaking, you are going for the apre life style. You are also going to save alot of money by staying out of Switzerland. A Munich-Vienna-Innsbruck circuit will have alot for you to see, especially when you add in Salzburg and Hallstatt as well.

Manifest Destiny and I did Munch-Vienna-Prague-Munich in 9 days and it was super dope. The train rides between each city were gorgeous too.

Yea but did you storm the court in the era of unwiped ass?
I moved back to Winston from London for 2011-2012. Had season tickets to football (w cookout) and basketball (my parents' tickets, even though they'd moved away).

Worked service downtown and taught at Forsyth tech.

Well hello there. Zurich is cool, and maybe worth a day, but is totally skippable. St. Antons in Austria is highly thought of as a ski town. Davos or Klosters would be cool ski towns to visit in Switzerland. I enjoyed St. Moritz, but the skiing isn't ground breaking, you are going for the apre life style. You are also going to save alot of money by staying out of Switzerland. A Munich-Vienna-Innsbruck circuit will have alot for you to see, especially when you add in Salzburg and Hallstatt as well.

Sweet. This is kind of what I'm thinking (and what I posted in the Europe travel thread). It's actually cheaper to fly into Munich and out of Vienna, and the longer flying time (2 hour layover in Philly) is pretty much canceled out by avoiding the train back to Munich. If you had to choose, would you do Munich first or last?

Sweet. This is kind of what I'm thinking (and what I posted in the Europe travel thread). It's actually cheaper to fly into Munich and out of Vienna, and the longer flying time (2 hour layover in Philly) is pretty much canceled out by avoiding the train back to Munich. If you had to choose, would you do Munich first or last?

Whichever one isn't on Sunday. Everything is closed in Germany on Sunday, it will be kind of a wasted day. Other than that, its six one way, half dozen the other.

I want to take a trip similar to that but I have never been out of the country. I don’t even know where/how to start planning something like that. What are the necessities to travel? What do you do at every city? The only trips I’ve really ever taken are for baseball stadiums & to the beach, so much different i think.

Get a passport. Start today. Our federal government is a shambles right now and it takes forever.

this is the part where rj would copy and paste trip advisor links for munich where the last review was like 3.7 stars of an irish style pub in the train station from 2014 and say "maybe this" with a weird wink emoticon

this is the part where rj would copy and paste trip advisor links for munich where the last review was like 3.7 stars of an irish style pub in the train station from 2014 and say "maybe this" with a weird wink emoticon

he'd also recommend some bar he went to in 1987 where the owner gave him free beer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back