• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2022: Happy Pride, Biff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ph can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Tucker Max was at Duke law the same time as DR and 2&2

In retrospect, I think Tucker Max was an OG SJW. He was so fed up with the life that his privilege gave him that he just did anything and everything he could to destroy it (unsuccessfully).

DDD, mako, Biff... Team JEEP SUV

Let's get those answers in, boys.

Pretty sure I went 12 for 12 (+or- 6)

Yeah, I submitted. There was nothing this week that even came close to last week's "which war" question. That shit was amazing.

at some point wakephan will reckon with the fact that i've been in a corporate office for 10+ years and am no longer the 17 year old marxist who thought i could smoke weed my way into philosopher king / shepherd /beat poet / dead tour attender lifestyle that i once was

Not ready to reckon with it quite yet. For better or for worse, I'm still committed to the dreams we had at seventeen!

i've been thinking a lot about the philosophical depth of the line "SoCal is where my mind is, but it's not my state of mind" lately

Fuckin' Eve 6, man. Those late 90s bands were so many slices of the same pizza. Everclear, Lit, Third Eye Blind, Better Than Ezra, Bush, Toad and the Wet Sprocket, Collective Soul, etc.

Fuckin' Eve 6, man. Those late 90s bands were so many slices of the same pizza. Everclear, Lit, Third Eye Blind, Better Than Ezra, Bush, Toad and the Wet Sprocket, Collective Soul, etc.

perhaps its my nostalgia-tinted bias, but Third Eye Blind was way better than the rest of the gang

I can't name a second Eve 6 song, or more than one or two for most of those bands

but I was also really only getting exposure via radio, not buying CDs

promise and here's to the night got major airplay iirc

perhaps its my nostalgia-tinted bias, but Third Eye Blind was way better than the rest of the gang
Also, why would "nostalgia-tinted bias" affect your evaluation of one 90s band over another?

Unless what you mean is "bias based on my tastes back then" which is definitely a problem for me

Also, why would "nostalgia-tinted bias" affect your evaluation of one 90s band over another?

Unless what you mean is "bias based on my tastes back then" which is definitely a problem for me

it invokes memories of hanging out at the neighborhood pool with zero responsibilities and semi-charmed life playing on the loudspeaker

my take is based on the feelings and I cannot appropriately assess the music objectively

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back