• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2022: Happy Pride, Biff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad's funeral was Saturday. 61 is way too young to say good bye. Alot of the guys he played football with and his fraternity brothers showed up which was nice (as well as a couple of his ex girlfriends). Tough to be sad when everyone is telling you what an amazing guy he was. I know this Sunday is going to suck and the day my twin boys come will also be emotional, but at the moment I am trying to remain grateful for the time we had together. We setup a memorial scholarship fund in his name which has gone gangbusters over the last week, which brings a smile to my face.

So sorry for your loss. I lost my mom a little over 3 years ago, unexpectedly, and she was only 69. My wife and I went to Boston to visit Wake friends and go to Boston Calling and my mom came in from Florida to watch our 3 little ones at our house. We got back on Sunday and hung out with her that night and she seemed fine. My two daughters went down to wake her up the next morning, and came up to our room saying that she was cold and wouldn't wake up. They thought she was playing a game. Absolutely devastated and depressed, but - and I know its cliched but clichés can be true - it gets easier and easier to deal with over time and that will be the case for you even though it may not seem like that right now.

Damn shoo. Thats awful. Glad you are finding a path forward. Hope your girls are ok.

My dad's funeral was Saturday. 61 is way too young to say good bye. Alot of the guys he played football with and his fraternity brothers showed up which was nice (as well as a couple of his ex girlfriends). Tough to be sad when everyone is telling you what an amazing guy he was. I know this Sunday is going to suck and the day my twin boys come will also be emotional, but at the moment I am trying to remain grateful for the time we had together. We setup a memorial scholarship fund in his name which has gone gangbusters over the last week, which brings a smile to my face.

Damn. Sorry to hear that.

I've only taken Uber a handful of times recently, and while it's been slower than pre-pandemic, it hasn't been all that bad. The wait times have been 6-8 mins as opposed to the pre-pandemic 1-3 minutes.

I took it from a Braves game a few weeks back and it was a $55 ride to go 3 exits down 285. I have no idea if that’s good or bad.

do any of you bros wear cologne?

saw an ad while watching the Euros (called "bad boy" lol) and googled it, got a result that included this $900 tom ford cologne

i mean come on

do any of you bros wear cologne?

saw an ad while watching the Euros (called "bad boy" lol) and googled it, got a result that included this $900 tom ford cologne

i mean come on

Not every day but if we go on a date night or to a wedding or whatever I use a little bit of Bleu de Chanel. Smells great.

This kid I used to work with (and hated) would wear so much cologne daily that I could literally tell if he was in the office when I got there in the morning. He was a mega douche with a Napoleon complex.

I’ve never worn it but I do have a bottle from a fancy Paris perfume shop my MIL gave me. Wife loves their perfumes and we stocked up when we went a couple of years ago.

A good dousing of AXE Apollo body spray in the morning and I smell great all day.

I've never worn cologne. But I also rarely wear deodorant, only when going on road trips. The Hippies I hung out with in college at 521 polo rd convinced me it wasn't necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back