• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2022: Viel Glück für alle!

Ancestry.com just emailed me to let me know that I might be related to my parents.

Chess.com for me.

Steelcitydeac got me back into it this year, though we used to play all the time. He’s far better than me but I manage to win about one in five games; he’s about a 1500 rated player. I haven’t played enough matches on the app yet to get a proper rating, but I can consistently beat the computer at 1300, and highest I’ve beaten yet is 1600.

I’ve got Modern Chess Openings on my phone and I scroll through it from time to time but I’m very handicapped by poor spatial sense and have a hard time keeping the board straight, especially if I’m playing as black with algebraic notation. I just change up my play style often but stick to basic principles.

Have you chess people watched Queen's Gambit on Netflix? I would recommend it. You don't have to know chess at all to enjoy it but I think an appreciation of the game makes it even better.

You guys ever do amy online Poker? That was always a good time. I'd say I won more than I lost. You just can't chase.

Have you chess people watched Queen's Gambit on Netflix? I would recommend it. You don't have to know chess at all to enjoy it but I think an appreciation of the game makes it even better.

That show was great. And I don’t know crap about chess. Most of the moves looked fake though.

I call bullshit not googling during the week, like you knew the word Treacle. Such as Mako’s mom’s face was covered in big globs of sticky white treacle.

I call bullshit not googling during the week, like you knew the word Treacle. Such as Mako’s mom’s face was covered in big globs of sticky white treacle.

Hey I got that clue without googling. Was it last Friday or something?

I do the Washington Post Crossword everyday online because it’s free.

Treacle was way easier than fucking pottages right next to it. That’s a hell of a word for a fucking Tuesday puzzle.

neither of those were hard. I do end up spending time doing trial and error though when I'm stuck. Like on TWERE and REX today.

Anyone got a pair of these Birddog pants they're advertising during the game? looks like a potential Biff product.

what's your dream car? I'd love an old 911 but I think my true dream car is a 90s Grand Wagoneer.

Back