• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2022: Viel Glück für alle!

Have been enjoying Mast Chocolate recently. Thought I’d share. Appreciate the popcorn company recommendation, always looking to support small local businesses.

I had a couple of bucks left on a REI gift card after I added something to my cart & i used the $ to add a chocolate bar. Brown butter dark chocolate from Alter Eco. It’s delicious. The chocolate bar selection at Whole Foods is crazy big. Just don’t think I can bring myself to pay more than $5 than a bar, though. Some bars are pricey.

Why are we shoehorning “they” to be a singular gender neutral pronoun instead of making a new singular word?

Can we for the love of god agree to never discuss pronouns in the chat thread? Like can cookout create an auto-filter to keep it as an auto-blocked discussion point?

Is this a joke?

Nope

You've never tasted sauce that you thought was hot or you've actually never tried any kind of hot sauce? Texas pete at least?

I've never physically put it on anything. It's possible someone somewhere added it to what I ate, but I can't recall such an event. I'm one of those super sensitive to spice people, even the mildest spice has me grabbing for a gallon of milk. I don't get how it's remotely pleasurable.

I would have bet Palma’s eaten more Buffalo wings than most of us.

I like a good chicken tender. In the right establishment, say a hooters or a wing stop I've eaten my fair share of wings, but I don't seek it out. And always the wing portion not the drumstick. The joints are awkward to eat. There was a period of time where I'd catch alot of wake BB games down at the local hooters as it was the best place to catch the game within walking distance, but I've probably eaten less wings in my life than the average bear.

I certainly never order the buffalo sauce. Chicken tenders and ranch is certainly a weekly dinner item though. People shitting on ranch are damn out their minds.

I certainly never order the buffalo sauce. Chicken tenders and ranch is certainly a weekly dinner item though. People shitting on ranch are damn out their minds.

Says the guy who doesn’t eat medium Buffalo wings

Spicy foods are delicious. As is ranch. They can coexist in harmony.

the bidet photo makes more sense now, palma probably accidentally ate a bell pepper

Secret Window, Secret Garden sucked, mako! It sucked. It was like he ran out of steam and didn't want to write an ending. Oh well. On to The Library Policeman, which sounds like a Canadian daytime drama that wakephan09 would watch.

Secret Window, Secret Garden sucked, mako! It sucked. It was like he ran out of steam and didn't want to write an ending. Oh well. On to The Library Policeman, which sounds like a Canadian daytime drama that wakephan09 would watch.

Yeah, the shit movie was fitting for the story. Did you see any parallels with it and The Dark Half. The Library Policeman is an odd premise, but I remember digging it.

no cause the dark half was cool

i mean there are obvious parallels in that it's a story about an author (there seems to be at least one writer in every king story) who, uh, has a secret dark side

but it was kind of a cool setup that just went lame at the turn

Nope

I've never physically put it on anything. It's possible someone somewhere added it to what I ate, but I can't recall such an event. I'm one of those super sensitive to spice people, even the mildest spice has me grabbing for a gallon of milk. I don't get how it's remotely pleasurable.

I like a good chicken tender. In the right establishment, say a hooters or a wing stop I've eaten my fair share of wings, but I don't seek it out. And always the wing portion not the drumstick. The joints are awkward to eat. There was a period of time where I'd catch alot of wake BB games down at the local hooters as it was the best place to catch the game within walking distance, but I've probably eaten less wings in my life than the average bear.

Plama is an all time white. He even tops it off with an Asian girlfriend. Literally the best of all the whites.

some folks use "ze" for the non-gendered third person pronoun

but it's also defs the case that "they" is a singular third person pronoun

no cause the dark half was cool

i mean there are obvious parallels in that it's a story about an author (there seems to be at least one writer in every king story) who, uh, has a secret dark side

but it was kind of a cool setup that just went lame at the turn

What's your fave thing that you've read so far?

I've got a couple of friends who are super sensitive to spicy foods. For me, that would suck so hard. I love spicy food. Not like those stupid el diablo gimmicks where people eat one chicken wing and explode or those one chip challenges, but like a spicy curry or hot pot or salsa. Our go-to indian delivery spot makes a money butter chicken, and while there is typically very little spice to a butter chicken we order it spicy and it's so much better than the regular because it brings out the flavors even more. And they make it mega spicy (it becomes spicier than their vindaloo).

I've got a couple of friends who are super sensitive to spicy foods. For me, that would suck so hard. I love spicy food. Not like those stupid el diablo gimmicks where people eat one chicken wing and explode or those one chip challenges, but like a spicy curry or hot pot or salsa. Our go-to indian delivery spot makes a money butter chicken, and while there is typically very little spice to a butter chicken we order it spicy and it's so much better than the regular because it brings out the flavors even more. And they make it mega spicy (it becomes spicier than their vindaloo).

Do you ever have ringer stinger but you can't remember eating spicy food in the previous couple days? That happened to me earlier this week. It was disconcerting to say the least.

Back