• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2022: Viel Glück für alle!

I envy your reading time. I try to knock out a couple hours a day on weekends, but I’m lucky if I can squeeze in 30 minutes during the week. That’s a nice benefit of waking up so early on the weekends. I usually have around 45 minutes to myself to read before anyone else gets up, and when the two year old gets up she just wants to snuggle and watch Peppa Pig so I can grab another 30-45 during that frame.
This is me, except I don't have any children and I don't wake up early. I read a lot for work, obviously, but a fun novel takes me weeks or sometimes months. It sucks. I miss the old days.

my son just turned 5 months old today, so he still sleeps half the day, which helps a lot

Your son sleeps? That must be nice.

Ours has decided that the wants to wake up five times per night again, yet is energetic and super happy every morning. It is kind of amazing.

I also can't complain because I take the early shift until around 11:30-12 and my wife does the 3 am feedings. So I still get 5 or 6 hours of sleep most nights.

I'm bracing for that sleep regression to come at some point but our 14-month old has slept through the night since he was about 6 months old or so.

In other news I woke up feeling much better this morning after this weekend's poisoning, I was wiped yesterday and had to take a sick day even though we're remote all week for some reason. I slept for about 15 hours each of the last two days.

However I got light headed and nauseous around 11, then I ate lunch and felt better, and now I feel like my stomach is going to explode out of both ends. Probably because I ate more for lunch than I've eaten since Saturday night when the cleansing began.

I do not understand this.

In other news I woke up feeling much better this morning after this weekend's poisoning, I was wiped yesterday and had to take a sick day even though we're remote all week for some reason. I slept for about 15 hours each of the last two days.

However I got light headed and nauseous around 11, then I ate lunch and felt better, and now I feel like my stomach is going to explode out of both ends. Probably because I ate more for lunch than I've eaten since Saturday night when the cleansing began.

I do not understand this.

How much weight did you lose?

the bidet photo makes more sense now, palma probably accidentally ate a bell pepper

LOL

Do you ever have ringer stinger but you can't remember eating spicy food in the previous couple days? That happened to me earlier this week. It was disconcerting to say the least.

too much knight in the cornhole

Didn't Palma have to get married after losing a bet to his girlfriend or some shit like that?

She beat me in darts. She's since gone on to place fourth in the Queen Mary darts classic, surpassing even my own achievements.

Thats the real son of a bitch, I weighed myself out of curiosity this morning and I had gained a half pound since my weekly Friday weigh-in. My body fucking sucks. I might as well just say fuck it and get up to four bills and die happy. Involuntary Bulimia apparently isn't even effective.

She also ordered us a bidet last week, and it's glorious

I really wish it was the end of March and I was in Charleston already. The shit part about giving my wife her birthday present early is the interminable wait to actually get to go. I need a breather.

I really wish it was the end of March and I was in Charleston already. The shit part about giving my wife her birthday present early is the interminable wait to actually get to go. I need a breather.

My family has a beach house booked on Folly that I reserved in December. We're not going until the first week of July. So I feel you.

We probably would have waited to book it but when I looked over the holidays there were very few beachside (my mother's request so she can "hear" the ocean) houses available all summer. And if there wasn't anything in Charleston she was pushing for Myrtle, something Uncle Manifest and I couldn't allow to happen. No son of mine!

My family has a beach house booked on Folly that I reserved in December. We're not going until the first week of July. So I feel you.

We probably would have waited to book it but when I looked over the holidays there were very few beachside (my mother's request so she can "hear" the ocean) houses available all summer. And if there wasn't anything in Charleston she was pushing for Myrtle, something Uncle Manifest and I couldn't allow to happen. No son of mine!

We're both in that dreaded stretch of no break from MLK to spring break. I know I've said this before, but I don't know how people work real jobs that don't have summer breaks, man. I'd lose my freaking mind.

We're both in that dreaded stretch of no break from MLK to spring break. I know I've said this before, but I don't know how people work real jobs that don't have summer breaks, man. I'd lose my freaking mind.

It’s pretty simple, they give us money.

lol no, my son does not sleep through the night

he's a big dude for his age, definitely does not need to eat every 3 hours, but he's never gone more than 4 or 5 straight overnight without eating

usually a feeding schedule is like 11 PM, 3 AM, 6AM and he's up for the day

my wife and i alternate getting up with him after the early feeding

he sleeps a lot the first half of the day though, usually takes good 1-2 hr naps until about 1PM

I hope to be able to go to the beach this summer, went twice last year to my mom's house in FL. She lives in the one community in that state that takes it seriously and is strict about mask enforcement. And Allegiant is about to add a direct flight from Asheville which will be great for long weekends vs long drives each way.

It’s pretty simple, they give us money.

I'm trying to think of what multiple of my monthly salary I'd have to make to work in June and July. It would have to by at least 4.

Yep MLK to Easter/SB is the fucking worst stretch as a teacher. Thankfully I've been virtual, but that ends next week. It sucks even more that college basketball is dead and irrelevant, so I can't even pretend to care about March Madness.

Luckily two of my three courses are repeats from last semester so I'm reusing/reposting basically every thing. The third is Latin American Studies which I've never taught before. Having to create new assignments each night like a freaking first year teacher is annoying, but I'm enjoying the subject matter and today I showed my first "long" (40 min) video which was a recent history channel special called "Engineering the Aztecs". Good mix of technological/infrastructural innovations and ripped out hearts being given to the gods. I enjoyed it.

I'm trying to think of what multiple of my monthly salary I'd have to make to work in June and July. It would have to by at least 4.

I found the sweet spot, which I pray that ask me to do this summer. Online Credit Recovery Teaching. I got paid a daily teacher rate on top of my 12-month salary number to monitor eight kids (small school FTW) who took online credit recovery courses. My only job was to make sure they were online, take attendance, review their unit study guides and then unlock the unit tests. I also had to call home once a week and send weekly progress report from the app to their parents and our AP.

Basically got paid doubled last July to sit at home and monitor their progress all day. I assume they'll make me do it from the school building with COVID dying down, but that might not be a bad thing since our MIL nanny wants to stay on full time to help out my wife this summer, and it would be awkward with me home all day looking like I'm doing jack shit.

I personally figured out how to modify these courses for our IEP and hardship students and then held a mini-workshop showing every teacher how to do it, which my principal was very impressed with, so I'm sure its my job if the county funds it.

Back